Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Something like this apparently:

Howard

Cherundolo, DeMerit, Onyewu, Bocanegra

Donovan, Clark, Bradley, Dempsey

Findley, Altidore

Americans feel free to correct me.

Lennon v Bocanegra, yes please.

Howard

Findley, Altidore

USA  :mackems:

Just got back from the first game. Defending for both sides was Newcastle-esque (premiership years).

I used to have respect for Aguirre - he's lost it. Salcido should have been subbed in the first 20 mintes. He refused to run and took ages on the ball letting SA figure out what they were doing. It was almost like everytime Salcido got the ball he waited for South Africa to mark up AND THEN passed the ball. His indecision led to SA's goal. He acted more and more petulently as the game wore on and became absolutely useless after SA's goal.

His bad attitude spread like the plague after a bright start from the Mexicans.

Subbing Vela was bad enough, but WTF! ... replacing him with Blanco!? Christ on a bike and people think Geordies are deluded romantics. This would be the equivilent of running out Alan Shearer for the WC ... if he gained 4 stone and lost 5 yards of pace.

Dos Santos played very well... I have little else positive to say about that Mexican performance after teh first ten minutes though. I wanted them to win at the start of the game, but as it progressed I wanted them all punished -severely- for playing and managing the team so poorly.

Ex-Newcastle legend Ignacio Gonzalez to make an apperance tonight, anyone? :lol:

Could well do, be him or Lodeiro in the hole behind the front 2. Hoepfully Lodeiro will play as he is an exciting young prospect.

That defence looks awful.

The strikers look terrible aswell tbh, '1 goal-this-season' Altidore and some MLS player who, tbf, I'd never heard of until about 2 weeks ago.

The midfield looks fairly good and the keeper is top class, but really we should be looking to be that lot comfortably.

Howard

Findley, Altidore

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/08/usa-world-cup-2010-tactics/

Can't remember who posted it first, but that is such a good site. 

I posted it a couple of days ago :) It is a cracking site.

Hadn't seen the US had been put up yet like, cheers.

We (the US) are gonna get hammered. You English will have no excuses if you don't win this 3-0.

tbh this is one of the worst WC incarnations of England in ages bar the manager, I have no idea why they're all so optimistic.

Decent enough opening game. Felt a draw was a fair enough result - Mexico as per usual not offering much end product. As has probably been said already, great first goal, the play before that and the finish itself. Ultimately though, it's a bad result for SA as I reckon that was their best chance of a win; not out of contention though.

Also, I wasn't particularly fussed about the vuvuzelas, got used to them pretty soon. Doesn't hamper the watching of the game.

Howay Uruguay for later!

We (the US) are gonna get hammered. You English will have no excuses if you don't win this 3-0.

tbh this is one of the worst WC incarnations of England in ages bar the manager, I have no idea why they're all so optimistic.

Is it really? We had Danny Mills and Trevor Sinclair playing in the quarter finals against Brazil in 2002 ffs.

Because we are fucking awesome and are gonna smash the yanks.

Meh, it's better than the '02 and '06 teams.

Like you said, it's the manager why we're all optimistic. In Capello I think everybody feels we have somebody who can drag us through on tactical nous where ability may be lacking.

Because we are fucking awesome and are gonna smash the yanks.

I was talking about the WC in general, I don't doubt you'll be able to beat the Yanks.