Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was it like this in Germany? I genuinely can't really remember but I do recall that as a whole the group stage was far better than the knock out round.

Before the New Zealand game today SKy had the goal stats at that point:

2010 - 18 goals

2006 - 27 goals

2002 - 31 goals

We're definitely behind this time round :(

Was it like this in Germany? I genuinely can't really remember but I do recall that as a whole the group stage was far better than the knock out round.

2010 - 18 goals

2006 - 27 goals

2002 - 31 goals

Was just about to say this. It's been poor, a lot poorer than previous tournaments. As i keep saying, it was the group stages in 2006 that had all the excitement. After Mexico/Argies in the Last Sixteen (which was a belter) - it died completely, and it's started in the same fashion.

However, so long as Germany, Argies, Spain and probably Brazil are all still in it - there'll be a good game just around the corner. Disappointingly cagey so far though.

2010 - 18 goals

2006 - 27 goals

2002 - 31 goals

Was just about to say this. It's been poor, a lot poorer than previous tournaments. As i keep saying, it was the group stages in 2006 that had all the excitement. After Mexico/Argies in the Last Sixteen (which was a belter) - it died completely, and it's started in the same fashion.

However, so long as Germany, Argies, Spain and probably Brazil are all still in it - there'll be a good game just around the corner. Disappointingly cagey so far though.

Part of the fun of the World Cup is seeing smaller teams go for it, teams with the odd star player (like Slovakia today and Hamsik) shining against others. I don't think we normally have to rely on the big teams to provide entertainment - it should be reasonably exciting throughout with the exception of the odd dud game. This whole thing has been boring so far though.

Thing i was wondering - which of the major teams have actually improved or maintained their brilliance since 2006? Spain, obviously, but i mean - you look at the likes of England, Portugal, Italy, France... their 'big players' are either the same ones, or 'new' ones - who are worse than those from four years ago.

Has anyone bar Spain (and possibly the Argies?) really improved that much? Yes, the football has undoubtedly been negative, but the standard of players on show seems somewhat diluted compared to the last two tournaments.

Thing i was wondering - which of the major teams have actually improved or maintained their brilliance since 2006? Spain, obviously, but i mean - you look at the likes of England, Portugal, Italy, France... their 'big players' are either the same ones, or new ones worse to those from four years ago.

Has anyone bar Spain (and possibly the Argies?) really improved that much? Yes, the football has undoubtedly been negative, but the standard of players on show seems somewhat diluted compared to the last two tournaments.

I personally think most of the squads are worse than in 2006. Spain and Argentina being the exceptions. Brazil have a lesser team as well, but they're playing better as a unit than ever before so I'm undecided on them until I've seen them tonight.

Thing i was wondering - which of the major teams have actually improved or maintained their brilliance since 2006? Spain, obviously, but i mean - you look at the likes of England, Portugal, Italy, France... their 'big players' are either the same ones, or 'new' ones - who are worse than those from four years ago.

Football generally is more negative these days. Barca, Real Madrid & possibly Chelsea aside, everyone plays firstly not to get beat and then to win. Inter winning the CL is classic this.

Thing i was wondering - which of the major teams have actually improved or maintained their brilliance since 2006? Spain, obviously, but i mean - you look at the likes of England, Portugal, Italy, France... their 'big players' are either the same ones, or new ones worse to those from four years ago.

I personally think most of the squads are worse than in 2006. Spain and Argentina being the exceptions. Brazil have a lesser team as well, but they're playing better as a unit than ever before so I'm undecided on them until I've seen them tonight.

Yeah, i'm afraid i think i agree. :undecided:

BUT but but. Still early days. Fingers firmly crossed (though i did think this match would be a turning point). Spain will come into town and remind everyone that they're gonna have to be fucking mint to win the competition. :thup:

Argentina have gotten worse IMO.

They were superb in the last World Cup, maybe in terms of individual players they're better this time around but that 2006 team played fabulous football and were only undone by their manager making a complete and utter hash of things in the game against Germany.

Still pisses me off to this day, that game. :lol:

Holland should be a better team, definitely when they get Robben back anyway.

Argentina have gotten worse IMO.

They were superb in the last World Cup, maybe in terms of individual players they're better this time around but that 2006 team played fabulous football and were only undone by their manager making a complete and utter hash of things in the game against Germany.

Still pisses me off to this day, that game. :lol:

Holland should be a better team, definitely when they get Robben back anyway.

Aye that's very true tbh; it was criminal that it was Argies/Germany in the quarter because they were the best two teams there. By an absolute fucking landslide, too. And again, i'm the same as you - always pisses me off does the outcome of that game. They should have won that game - and the tournament as a result, rather than that poxy final that made your eyes bleed. That Maxi Rodriguez goal against Mexico. :fwap:

So anyway yeah. That throw-in just then was pretty good.

:iamatwat: