Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of the most depressing things last night was the feeling that, bar maybe Joe Cole, we had absolutely nothing special to bring on and make any difference -- no surprise substitution, no untested prodigy, no wily old fox. f*** all.

That is only through Capello's choice.

I don't particularly rate either Walcott or Agbonlahor but they are useful players to bring off the bench purely due to their pace which can stretch a game.

Likewise, Adam Johnson's direct style and ability to whip a cross in would have made a much bigger impact than anything SWP (who has been shit since he signed for Chelsea years ago) can offer.

I've been saying since Capello took the job that his squad selections are awful.

We needed to bring on trickery from the bench, not pace. Pace isn't that relevant when the opposition are funnelling back in defence and there's no space behind them to run into. Besides, Defoe and SWP aren't exactly slow.

I'm not sure why Capello hasn't used Joe Cole though. He may see him as not a wide player, which is fair enough, his trickery is more useful down the middle. He may see him as more of a sub for the likes of Gerrard, Rooney or Lampard which would be a very bold decision to make. But of those three, I'd see Lampard as dispensable in a game which is going like that. It doesn't matter what he can do in other situations, if he's not getting involved, it's a waste of a shirt.

Funny how the only pre-tournament favorite living up to the hype is crazy Diego and his gang.

They weren't even pre-tournament favourites as well to an extent.  Most pundits wrote them off, not realising that South American qualification is the hardest qualification group by a mile.

Always fancied Argentina, just gutted the only money I've got on them is with Messi as top scorer.

Higuain.  :coolsmiley:

Though when the harder games come along I fully expect Messi will be the one scoring the goals. Hoping they don't rest Higuain against Greece, should be a chance for a couple more for him in that one.

I wonder if Maradona will give Aguero a go in the next game though. Tevez has done alright without setting the place alight, surely Aguero has to have some sort of shout to force his way into the starting line-up for the knockout stages?

Still reckon they'll end up getting beaten around the last 8/semis though. Someone with a well organised defence and a good counter attack would do them I think.

Always fancied Argentina, just gutted the only money I've got on them is with Messi as top scorer.

Higuain.  :coolsmiley:

Though when the harder games come along I fully expect Messi will be the one scoring the goals. Hoping they don't rest Higuain against Greece, should be a chance for a couple more for him in that one.

I wonder if Maradona will give Aguero a go in the next game though. Tevez has done alright without setting the place alight, surely Aguero has to have some sort of shout to force his way into the starting line-up for the knockout stages?

Still reckon they'll end up getting beaten around the last 8/semis though. Someone with a well organised defence and a good counter attack would do them I think.

:bluestar: