Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Villa was offside for Spain's goal btw. Didn't see it mentioned in this thread. Apparently the producers is keen to not show replays to cover up refereeing mistakes after all the critique latley.

Guest optimistic nit

Write the Future:

Ronaldo, Drogba, Cannavaro, Ribéry, Rooney: All of their teams are now back home or on their way, in varying states of disappointment and disgrace. Ronaldo and Drogba scored one goal each (Ronaldo's against North Korea, after a slapstick build-up involving the ball coming off the back of his head). Rooney might as well have stayed in England. Ribéry was part of the ludicrous French mutiny. Cannavaro captained his side to ignominy, leading by piss-poor example. Oh, and let's not forget Ronaldinho, who didn't even get to South Africa.

Great campaign, Nike! :lol:

:lol:

spain were infuriating until they scored. since around the 15th minute you could see villa on the left and torres in the centre wasn't working, yet del bosque watied a very long time to change it. soon as torres went off spain looked a different team. would prefer to see villa in the middle, hes the only one scoring goals for spain, yet he was in a position where for a 40 minute period he didn't even get the ball in a shooting position. he does seem to score goals there, but he'd surely score more if he was in torres' position. if villa is kept quiet for 90 minutes i just cant see how spain will score.

Showed replay on Norwegian telly on the evening summary they run each day, and he clearly was....

Replay on my PC disagrees.

Maybe im going insane then? Starting to doubt myself here, even though im almost certain that they mentioned it on TV, with replay and all. Sure it isn't just the video quality and lack of start/pause skills on your behalf that makes you think otherwise? :lol:

Showed replay on Norwegian telly on the evening summary they run each day, and he clearly was....

Maybe im going insane then? Starting to doubt myself here, even though im almost certain that they mentioned it on TV, with replay and all. Sure it isn't just the video quality and lack of start/pause skills on your behalf that makes you think otherwise? :lol:

He was off. Villa's left foot is offside.

He looks offside to me, but by inches so I'll chalk it to the "in case of doubt benefit the attacking team" provision. Hardly a shambles to give that goal.

Yeah, it's a little surprising that Nike didn't also do a Torres ad.

Spain has Adidas, so that's the reason there's not a single Spanish player in the pitch in that ad.

Thanks Adidas :thup:

Not to mention that the Spain players cameo in that ad is looking upset at the "Just Roo It" newspaper. :lol:

He looks offside to me, but by inches so I'll chalk it to the "in case of doubt benefit the attacking team" provision. Hardly a shambles to give that goal.

Was offside by a split second, seriously doubt any linesman could've seen that.

Yeah, I've got no problem with the goal being given for that exact reason, but I think it's pretty idiotic not to show it on replay just because of the fuzz about refereeing that's been going on latley.

Keeping abreast of the action: Paraguayan model Larissa Riquelme has promised to streak if the South American's win the World Cup

The 24-year-old has even been pictured celebrating with her mobile phone safely tucked between her breasts.

Asked yesterday if she would match Maradona’s promise of a streak, she said: ‘Of course, but with my body painted with the colours of Paraguay.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1290664/Ian-Ladymans-World-Cup-diary-British-journalist-hot-water-dressing-room-invasion-scandal.html#ixzz0sJbdFPqf

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/homer/HomerSimpson30.gif

and thats me cheering for paraguay all of a sudden

Ok, attacking wise he was great. Didn't think Portugal had too many penetrations however. But Ramos cross for Llorentes chance was perfect and he had a good shot himself to name a couple.

Ramos is held back by his decision-making. When he grows a brain he'll be one of the best in that position. Looks like Mou wants to move him to CB though.

Really? The guy has all the attributes to be a great in that position. If your saying his decision making is poor then surely the worst place for that is CB?

Delighted Ronaldo has been shat out of the tournament too, if i were Portuguese I'd be as angry at him as people are with Rooney - perhaps more so.  Everytime I saw him this WC he looked like he's been totally found out at International level.

Just get in front of him, stop him getting past you, he's going to react by shooting from long range every time.  Never looks for a team mate or a slide rule ball through or anything. 

It's all about Ronaldo!!

The Spanish are good but I think they will have to step up their game a bit to beat any of Brazil, Argentina or Germany.

The problem is midfield - looks like Del Bosque has sacrificed attacking flair for increased stability. Arragones in 2008 got it right with Senna/Xavi in the middle and genuine attacking midfielders out wide. Del Bosque fielding Xabi Alonso and Busquests in the middle and Xavi out wide isn't working at all imo, and with Iniesta being off form compared to a year or two ago, it just seems very laboured in the middle of the park for Spain.

Still don't get how Busquets is getting picked, he's looked shit imo and against Portugal gave away a number of clumsy fouls. They'll be lucky if he doesn't cost them at a later stage. Furthermore, although this may be difficult to explain, I think there's a problem with Xabi Alonso being in the team. He's obviously a class player, but there's something about him that just doesn't seem right for the Spaniards. Maybe he's better suited to playing in a fast, direct attacking side, where his tendancy to spray passes first time is more useful. Xavi in the middle two years ago was immense for Spain because of the way he kept the ball in the middle of the park, allowing angles to be opened up for teammates, players to be played into space, better retention in the middle of the park, etc etc. Hence, with Busquets/Alonso, I don't think they have that in the middle this year.

Spain have to drop Torres, tbh. They've been fortunate that Villa's bang on form, but Torres' presence isn't aiding the team at all. They need someone playing with confidence making the right runs and getting results from them in order to get the best out of whichever midfield they choose.

Delighted Ronaldo has been shat out of the tournament too, if i were Portuguese I'd be as angry at him as people are with Rooney - perhaps more so.  Everytime I saw him this WC he looked like he's been totally found out at International level.

Just get in front of him, stop him getting past you, he's going to react by shooting from long range every time.  Never looks for a team mate or a slide rule ball through or anything. 

It's all about Ronaldo!!

Did he really spit on a camera man? Over here they cut away as fast as possible when it looked like he was going to do something ugly.

It's all about Ronaldo!!

Did he really spit on a camera man? Over here they cut away as fast as possible when it looked like he was going to do something ugly.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/worldcup2010/3035239/Cristiano-Ronaldo-in-spit-shame-after-World-Cup-knockout.html

It's all about Ronaldo!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/worldcup2010/3035239/Cristiano-Ronaldo-in-spit-shame-after-World-Cup-knockout.html

:lol: Not shocked or anything. It's not news that he's a massive douchebag.

Ok, attacking wise he was great. Didn't think Portugal had too many penetrations however. But Ramos cross for Llorentes chance was perfect and he had a good shot himself to name a couple.

Ramos is held back by his decision-making. When he grows a brain he'll be one of the best in that position. Looks like Mou wants to move him to CB though.

Really? The guy has all the attributes to be a great in that position. If your saying his decision making is poor then surely the worst place for that is CB?

He's played well when put there. I personally think it's a waste of his attacking talent, but the reasoning is that he won't be caught out of place so often as he does when played as RB. He is a very good defender and a very good attacker, he just doesn't know when to do which.