Mags/X-Mags/Geordies World Cup Watch

Thespence

Any news, view on Mags/X-Mags/Geordies (Jonás Gutiérrez, Obafemi Martins,Michael Carrick, James Milner,Oguchi Onyewu,Craig Moore,Jon Dahl Tomasson,Sébastien Bassong, Geremi & Ignacio González) at the WC get them posted in here

Carrick,  & Geremi are maybe the two that wont be starters.

Updated as I forgot Ignacio González!!!

Gonzales was about as good as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.But still on a par with Gourcuff.

Thought Gourcuff had a good game. Was France's most dangerous player by a distance, doesn't say a lot like.

Thought Nacho looked ok tonight. Looked very committed and worn himself out a bit.

Agreed.  Wasn't going to set the world alight but he fits in their system well and was no worse than a lot of other people on the pitch.  Tired quickly though.

He was fucking awful.

aye kept on losing his footing. just didnt look in shape and no surprise considering he's played the equivalent of around 3 league games in as many years.

and gourcouff was shite, don't be fooled by the fact he had a lot of the ball. the way they lined up meant he was given a disproportionate amount of creative responsibility as toulalan and diaby were doing other things, and he completely and utterly failed to fulfill his duties.

Thought Nacho looked ok tonight. Looked very committed and worn himself out a bit.

Agreed.  Wasn't going to set the world alight but he fits in their system well and was no worse than a lot of other people on the pitch.  Tired quickly though.

agree with that.....I have seen him on a few occasions in the South Amererican qualifiers prior, and he looked a decent player for them. Well anyways looks like he will start the following games too seeing as Londeiro is suspended.

MC on the WC ball

'It is a bit like a beach ball. You cannot trust it really. With some of the goals you set the ball going off in one direction and it moves in another. As soon as you put any air into a pass it's a lottery.'

England's Michael Carrick

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1285931/Jamie-Redknapp-goes-ball-istic--I-struck-World-Cup-Jabulani-exploded-boot.html#ixzz0qdeNCDIF

MC on the WC ball

'It is a bit like a beach ball. You cannot trust it really. With some of the goals you set the ball going off in one direction and it moves in another. As soon as you put any air into a pass it's a lottery.'

England's Michael Carrick

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1285931/Jamie-Redknapp-goes-ball-istic--I-struck-World-Cup-Jabulani-exploded-boot.html#ixzz0qdeNCDIF

Why oh F**kin why is Jamie Redknapp allowed to give his opinion on anything...

He gets the odd thing right

GEORDIE PRIDE

Did you notice the biggest gate of the day on Saturday? 43,949 fans turned up to watch Newcastle play Doncaster. I know they are top of the Championship, but those Geordie supporters are something else after what has happened to their club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1222909/Jamie-Redknapps-weekend-watch-Lucas-Javier-Mascherano-quick-powerful-United.html#ixzz0qdgYyiQb

Guest firetotheworks

I wish they'd stop changing the ball like. It's fucking pointless and stupid, keeping people in jobs who aren't needed. The France 98 ball was amazing, there was no reason to change it.

Guest firetotheworks

'98 ball was great man. That was when they made it lighter without going mental with it.

Mind you, they changed the design of the tango for every world cup. I had a tango azteca match ball as a kid, as used at mexico '86. It was my pride and joy til it went under a scania.