Given's Return

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Victim of the Ashley regime like the rest of us.

aye i remember ashley stopping given putting in a transfer request instead making him release statements through his solicitor which meant he'd get all the bonuses etc.

Look at where Man City are comapred to us and look at Given's age. He owed us nowt.

All we wanted as fans was the remainder of the season, we were all just as pissed off as him if not more so.

Look at where Man City are comapred to us and look at Given's age. He owed us nowt.

All we wanted as fans was the remainder of the season, we were all just as pissed off as him if not more so.

Would you be so pissed off with him if we didnt get relegated?

I think a non reaction.. booing him is daft but bigging him right up is also daft.

HOWEVER IF booing him upsets him and unsettles him in goal giving us a better chance of winning the game.. BOO LIKE FK

:lol:

Hard to guess how i would feel in an event that never took place.

We were relegated by a single point and a goal.

He could have helped us but jumped ship.

Hero to zero in an instant.

I wont cheer him or boo him.

I know what kind of man he is tho.

if we'd just won the title and he left in that manner i'd think exactly the same.

The man spent 10 years with us, and it was about time he won something, he was a great servant to the club, things were getting so bad he just had to go for his career's sake. Legend.

Legend, surprised he didn't leave earlier with the managerial merry-go-round and the board room instability.

It's not like we didn't give him anything in return for staying here.  Champions League campaigns, top four finishes, millions of pounds.

The fact that Given wanted to leave as soon as he lost the number one shirt shows he only had one thing in mind while at the club and that was looking after number one.

There's nothing wrong with that and most players are like that but there's no reason why he shouldn't be booed really.

Either way he's going to get a mixed reception when he plays.

The man spent 10 years with us, and it was about time he won something, he was a great servant to the club, things were getting so bad he just had to go for his career's sake. Legend.

put in a transfer request then instead of trying to bleed evermore out of the club.

My uncles watched day in day out at SJP since the early 1930's and they always rated Given as the best keeper we ever had - and he stayed with us when he could easily have gone elsewhere

He kept his gob shut and never embarrassed the club

A true legend

It's not like we didn't give him anything in return for staying here.  Champions League campaigns, top four finishes, millions of pounds.

The fact that Given wanted to leave as soon as he lost the number one shirt shows he only had one thing in mind while at the club and that was looking after number one.

There's nothing wrong with that and most players are like that but there's no reason why he shouldn't be booed really.

Either way he's going to get a mixed reception when he plays.

That was in 2000/01, over 8 years before he left. And 2 years after he lost his shirt to Harper and remarked that it was 'part and parcel of football.'

My uncles watched day in day out at SJP since the early 1930's and they always rated Given as the best keeper we ever had - and he stayed with us when he could easily have gone elsewhere

A true legend

A true legend

he kept his gob shut

but his solicitor spoke.

Too often he threw his toys out the pram when he wasn't picked.

Too often he kept us in games.

Too often his overall goalkeeping wasn't good enough.

Too often him staying papered over the cracks.

Once he took the easy option and left us in the lurch by running away from the fight. Legends don't do that. Legends follow their heart. He followed his wallet.

Judas

Too often he threw his toys out the pram when he wasn't picked.

Too often he kept us in games.

Too often his overall goalkeeping wasn't good enough.

Too often him staying papered over the cracks.

Once he took the easy option and left us in the lurch by running away from the fight. Legends don't do that. Legends follow their heart. He followed his wallet.

Judas

Huh?

If he'd said he'd be looking to leave at the end of the season instead of being in a rush to run to Man City, he'd probably have got the Arsenal gig.

I bet City win more over the next 5 years than Arsenal.

Possibly, but probably without Given in goal.