Given's Return

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too often he threw his toys out the pram when he wasn't picked.

Too often he kept us in games.

Too often his overall goalkeeping wasn't good enough.

Too often him staying papered over the cracks.

Once he took the easy option and left us in the lurch by running away from the fight. Legends don't do that. Legends follow their heart. He followed his wallet.

Judas

Huh?

i think that "once" is meant as in "as soon as".

You cannot blame him really. Like any professional, he wants to play at the highest possible standard and he could see how badly the rot had set in at the club.

I remember well that Liverpool home game when we lost 5-1. If it wasnt for Given, it would have been double figures. The writing was on the wall well before that anyway and I dont blame him for leaving. At the time, he was too good for us.

If you don't stay at a club your whole career does that make you a judas?

Legend.

It's got nothing to do with that. It's about the timing of him leaving.

I've no doubt that most of those that picked 'judas' would think otherwise if he'd just waited until May to make his move.

If you don't stay at a club your whole career does that make you a judas?

Legend.

It's got nothing to do with that. It's about the timing of him leaving.

I've no doubt that most of those that picked 'judas' would think otherwise if he'd just waited until May to make his move.

They wouldn't though. They'd be making the same comments at the others players that left after relegation, such as "Leaving when the going gets tough" etc.

Clap, then Boo. Like we would any other ex Newcastle player.

The service he gave us was more than commendable. Like Ronaldo pointed out with the positions we finished when he was here, we weren't great. But unlike Ronaldo I rate him highly and he was definitely in the top 3 prem keepers for a good 3 seasons IMO, so he more than had he right to try and engineer a move away earlier than he did.

I understand his reaction after the Liverpool game. If I wasn't blood bound I's have done the same! Give your all 6 days a week sacificing your family and bust your arse carrying a team (its defence at least) and everyone around just seems to have given up. Fuck it.

Upsetting circumstances in him leaving, but I can understand his need to get out, I'm sure he's sorry about the situation, he always seemed like a grounded decent guy who really cared about he club and the city.

The service he gave us was more than commendable. Like Ronaldo pointed out with the positions we finished when he was here, we weren't great. But unlike Ronaldo I rate him highly and he was definitely in the top 3 prem keepers for a good 3 seasons IMO, so he more than had he right to try and engineer a move away earlier than he did.

I understand his reaction after the Liverpool game. If I wasn't blood bound I's have done the same! Give your all 6 days a week sacificing your family and bust your arse carrying a team (its defence at least) and everyone around just seems to have given up. f*** it.

Upsetting circumstances in him leaving, but I can understand his need to get out, I'm sure he's sorry about the situation, he always seemed like a grounded decent guy who really cared about he club and the city.

nooooooo. the clap then boo is affectionate, a joke with the player which i don't think he deserves for the way he left.

I understand his reaction after the Liverpool game. If I wasn't blood bound I's have done the same! Give your all 6 days a week sacificing your family and bust your arse carrying a team (its defence at least) and everyone around just seems to have given up. f*** it.

nooooooo. the clap then boo is affectionate, a joke with the player which i don't think he deserves for the way he left.

I remember Steve Watson getting that, bless him.

I remember Steve Watson getting that, bless him.

he had to stop as he was laughing too much. one of my bestest football memories.

He gave us 11 years of service. Anyone who boo's a man who gave us that is an utter fucking cretin in my eyes. How many times did we come close to relegation in the years before Shay left? We were nailed on the year he went and many on here said that themselves and who could blame him for not wanting that on his CV? He didnt want to be part of this club not because of the fans but because of Ashley and the way we were going i.e. into the fucking championship. He isnt getting any younger and wants medals, fair enough. Yes he could have stayed btw, but he might have had a relegation to his name not to mention the opportunity to move to City might have passed.

He was a great keeper and servant to us. All those people slating him, how would you like walking into a company you gave 11 years to and getting booed because you left for a better opportunity? He has a life to live and a career to make the most of, he gave us 11 fucking years of that career which dont forget is a huge amount of time in football, so show him some respect. It sickens me that people will boo a man who gave us all those years, its disgusting.

The amount of memories he gave us outweight the memory of him leaving. It just sums some Newcastle fans up the way they choose the negative memories over the positive ones here.

He gave us 11 years of service. Anyone who boo's a man who gave us that is an utter f***ing cretin in my eyes. How many times did we come close to relegation in the years before Shay left? We were nailed on the year he went and many on here said that themselves and who could blame him for not wanting that on his CV? He didnt want to be part of this club not because of the fans but because of Ashley and the way we were going i.e. into the f***ing championship. He isnt getting any younger and wants medals, fair enough. Yes he could have stayed btw, but he might have had a relegation to his name not to mention the opportunity to move to City might have passed.

He was a great keeper and servant to us. All those people slating him, how would you like walking into a company you gave 11 years to and getting booed because you left for a better opportunity? He has a life to live and a career to make the most of, he gave us 11 f***ing years of that career which dont forget is a huge amount of time in football, so show him some respect. It sickens me that people will boo a man who gave us all those years, its disgusting.

The amount of memories he gave us outweight the memory of him leaving. It just sums some Newcastle fans up the way they choose the negative memories over the positive ones here.

i could have understood him putting in a transfer request instead of the underhanded manner in which tye went about things, a way i'd despise even if he'd single handedly won us the league,cup and champions league the previous week.

He gave us 11 years of service. Anyone who boo's a man who gave us that is an utter f***ing cretin in my eyes. How many times did we come close to relegation in the years before Shay left? We were nailed on the year he went and many on here said that themselves and who could blame him for not wanting that on his CV? He didnt want to be part of this club not because of the fans but because of Ashley and the way we were going i.e. into the f***ing championship. He isnt getting any younger and wants medals, fair enough. Yes he could have stayed btw, but he might have had a relegation to his name not to mention the opportunity to move to City might have passed.

He was a great keeper and servant to us. All those people slating him, how would you like walking into a company you gave 11 years to and getting booed because you left for a better opportunity? He has a life to live and a career to make the most of, he gave us 11 f***ing years of that career which dont forget is a huge amount of time in football, so show him some respect. It sickens me that people will boo a man who gave us all those years, its disgusting.

Great post, especially the first two lines and the last one.

We have some utter bellends supporting us.

He gave us 11 years of service. Anyone who boo's a man who gave us that is an utter fucking cretin in my eyes. How many times did we come close to relegation in the years before Shay left? We were nailed on the year he went and many on here said that themselves and who could blame him for not wanting that on his CV? He didnt want to be part of this club not because of the fans but because of Ashley and the way we were going i.e. into the fucking championship. He isnt getting any younger and wants medals, fair enough. Yes he could have stayed btw, but he might have had a relegation to his name not to mention the opportunity to move to City might have passed.

He was a great keeper and servant to us. All those people slating him, how would you like walking into a company you gave 11 years to and getting booed because you left for a better opportunity? He has a life to live and a career to make the most of, he gave us 11 fucking years of that career which dont forget is a huge amount of time in football, so show him some respect. It sickens me that people will boo a man who gave us all those years, its disgusting.

HE DEAPARTED FOR MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!

He didn't give a flying fuck for the supporters when Cities filthy lucre was wangled in front of his pikey nose.

He lied to supporters by inferring the Liverpool game was the 'final straw' when its now common knowledge he was actively seeking an exit two months earlier. For what its worth (you can search my posts) but I infered well before the Liverpool game that City had 'tapped him up' because that was something I was told by someone I know would know.

I don't doubt Givens ability (despite an obvious weakness here and there) we could - and did with Harper, have had much much worse over the years. Lets not also forget he was in all likely hood on TOP WAGES for over a decade at NUFC and would have departed here an extremely wealthy man - which makes his greed even more disgusting in my view. 13 games and I doubt there would be even one vote in the JUDAS option.

None so blind I suppose....