Given's Return

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest rob86

This sounds familiar.

From Juliette Ferrington's Twitter

"shay given says he will consider his future at manchester city if he isn't selected v tottenham this weekend. "

Given does throw is toys out of the pram if he get's dropped, remember he put in a transfer request when bobby kept harper in goal after a few good games

Beat me too it

He can be a moaning little fucker at times, his ego is obviously pretty sizeable.

He should have waited until the end of our season before jumping ship really, but at the same time the club should never have little him go for such an insanely low price.

I voted Judas, but it was a close one.

I wouldn't want him back now unless it was for significantly less than we sold him.

He can be a moaning little fucker at times, his ego is obviously pretty sizeable.

He should have waited until the end of our season before jumping ship really, but at the same time the club should never have little him go for such an insanely low price.

I wouldn't want him back now unless it was for significantly less than we sold him.

This lad knows the score.

I agree 100%.

There is no way we would have him back here, not even if he begged.. wille nd up at Spuds I reckon.

Harry seems to be happy with Gomes, so I think that's a long shot.

More likely Liverpool cash in on Reina and go for him imo.

There is no way Given would beg to come back.  Nothing has changed since he left in the first place so there's zero chance of him even agreeing to talk to us.

Steve Harper gets called for having no drive because he sat on our bench for 10 years.  Given never accepted being benched and he gets called for that too.

Can't win.

Nowt wrong with wanting to play....especially when you're a 34 year old international.

That was the whole point though. It was precisely because he made it clear he was off that we had little choice but to accept a low fee (or have one fucked off Irishman running around kicking our hordings and shit).

Given wouldn't want to come back here, and I'd certainly not want to see him back either.

Nothing wrong with wanting to play, but if this rumour is true then he's not even sat out a single game yet, while just recovered from an injury and is at a club which was always going to recycle players through a revolving door. He would be lucky never to have been challenged by another keeper with that kind of policy, and as soon as he does he has a cry and wants to leave. It's pathetic.  :lol:

He should have joined Arsenal etc...just on the same note he could have waited till the end of the season and joined a better club than Citeh, but he saw the cash and sold out and hopefully is now understanding what Citeh is now all about.

I pray this happens to him, its called karma.

Given wouldn't want to come back here, and I'd certainly not want to see him back either.

Nothing wrong with wanting to play, but if this rumour is true then he's not even sat out a single game yet, while just recovered from an injury and is at a club which was always going to recycle players through a revolving door. He would be lucky never to have been challenged by another keeper with that kind of policy, and as soon as he does he has a cry and wants to leave. It's pathetic.  :lol:

He should have joined Arsenal etc...just on the same note he could have waited till the end of the season and joined a better club than Citeh, but he saw the cash and sold out and hopefully is now understanding what Citeh is now all about.

I pray this happens to him, its called karma.

Exactly, you reap what you sow.

People have short memories.

He's by far the best keeper we've had since Willie McFaul.

Wright, Srnicek, Hislop, Hooper, Perez.  :facepalm:

They're keepers you  can dismiss.

Given was an absolute legend here.

Hey you faled to mention the Budgie

I can't see anyone denying his talent.

I can't see anyone denying his talent.

No one is. People are rightly upset in the manner he left, but defending it and his actions is difficult.

There is no way we would have him back here, not even if he begged.. wille nd up at Spuds I reckon.

Not a chance he'll come to us - Gomes is rated, we've got Cudicini as back-up and Pletikosa is supposedly about to sign. Arsenal makes much more sense. There aren't too many top tier teams who'd make him number one, possibly Villa?

Shay Given admits he would be willing to consider a loan move should he start the season on Manchester City's bench.

Blues boss Roberto Mancini faces a selection dilemma heading into the 2010/11 campaign, with Given competing with England hopeful Joe Hart for the No.1 spot.

Both men have strong claims to the role, with Given among the Premier League's most consistent performers and Hart having shone while on loan at Birmingham last season.

There will, however, be one man left disappointed on Saturday when City get their campaign up and running away at Tottenham Hotspur.

Should Given be the man to make way, the Republic of Ireland international has revealed that he would need to weigh up his options before deciding whether to look elsewhere for regular first-team action.

"I think we are both at a stage where we need to be playing football," he said.

"If I don't start then I will sit down with the club next week and see where my future lies, and maybe it will be vice-versa with Joe.

"We both feel that we need to be playing. I'm at a stage where I need to be playing, I'm 34 and I haven't got millions of years left to play football.

"Hopefully I will play on Saturday, but whatever decision the manager makes I will respect that and then sit down with the club next week."

Pressed on whether he may look to secure a permanent move away from Eastlands, Given insisted that he is determined to play a major role in City's ambitious plans for the future.

He added: "Ideally I would like to stay at the club because it's a big club and an ambitious club, with fantastic owners and I want to be part of that, that's why I joined in the first place.

"Possibly, if I didn't start, then there could be a loan and then I'd come back and see where that takes me."

Given is still hoping it will be he who is given the nod by Mancini on Saturday, as he admits that whoever starts at White Hart Lane can rightly consider themselves to be City's first-choice keeper.

"The manager will decide who he wants to start with on Saturday and you would imagine that will be who he wants to play in most of the games this season," he said.

"Joe's a top keeper as well so it's inevitable that there will be speculation about who will start on Saturday, that's part and parcel of being at a big club because there are so many great players there. It's not just my position, there are 10 other positions where people aren't sure who is going to play."

Er, nobody has said he wasn't brilliant.

The question was about his behaviour, not his ability. Obviously no doubt he was class for us while here.

I bet Given won't be the only one at Man City getting the huff with not getting a game.

It's just a matter of time before it all kicks off.

They've all been promised first team starts coming to the club - when they find out that there's two big 'stars' to every role, there'll be a few spitting the dummies.