Given's Return

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

I'll probably just fart in his general direction. I'm between not really wanting to jeer him but not applaud him either.

It's laughable that folk so desperately want to chant 'Judas' at him. He wanted to leave at almost 33, big deal.

It's mostly the same group of people too, the impressionable try-hards like Stifler and Blef and the sad old fuckers that they follow like sheep.

Wtf is that surposed to mean?

I never said that I'm going to go to the Man City game just too boo him or anything of the sort. I just think for how he left and how he lied in order to leave was fucking wrong. Yes he was a great player for us over the years, I rated him amongst the best goalkeepers in the world and still do actually, and at one time their wasn't another keeper I would have over him in my team. At the end of the day though he sold us out for himself and it doesn't matter who the fuck you are, I'm not going to respect whoever does that and I'm going to think of them like a Judas.

How many of you were pleased when Owen signed and were fans of him but hated him 4 years down the line? It's the same principle, you sell us out/ disrespect us then I lose all respect for you.

Given falls under that line.

f***ing hell, reading the title I thought he'd come back here. :lol:

And he was a legend, then he did a judas, so I don't care either way. It evens itself out.

All three things of that for me :lol:

It's laughable that folk so desperately want to chant 'Judas' at him. He wanted to leave at almost 33, big deal.

It's mostly the same group of people too, the impressionable try-hards like Stifler and Blef and the sad old fuckers that they follow like sheep.

I never said that I'm going to go to the Man City game just too boo him or anything of the sort. I just think for how he left and how he lied in order to leave was f***ing wrong. Yes he was a great player for us over the years, I rated him amongst the best goalkeepers in the world and still do actually, and at one time their wasn't another keeper I would have over him in my team. At the end of the day though he sold us out for himself and it doesn't matter who the f*** you are, I'm not going to respect whoever does that and I'm going to think of them like a Judas.

How many of you were pleased when Owen signed and were fans of him but hated him 4 years down the line? It's the same principle, you sell us out/ disrespect us then I lose all respect for you.

I don't know how old you are, but Given had 11 1/2 years of solid performances here. We finished 13th three times in that period, 11th twice, 12th once and 14th once. Given was being described by most (not me) as the best keeper in England for most of those seasons. To say he jumped ship at the first sign of trouble is very unfair. He was pretty loyal by today's standards.

Never a huge fan of him as a keeper, he was good for us but his weaknesses were all too frequently completely overlooked. That said, he cannot be likened to Owen, who couldn't have given a shite and mostly played shite.

Haven't taken any notes, there a few posters who basically post the same nonsense every week in an attempt to conform and appease.

The only thing that's laughable is you failing to grasp the concept that people will sometimes have different opinion to you.  It doesn't make them morons, or laughable or mean their trying to conform to anything. It just means they've got a different opinion to you. At 23 year old I'd have though you'd have understood that by now.

I don't care enough to call him a Judas. I loved him when he was here, so i'm surprised that he doesn't bring any emotional response out of me, but there it is, he's just another player to me now.

Oh, wasn't he wonderful ? Walked out when needed.

The action of a legend, no doubt about it.

didn't mind him wanting away but be honest and up front about it instead of sneakyily and underhandedly grabbing for the last little bit of cash. he wasn't so badly treat when he was here so why go about things that way ?

What he did for us >>>>> What he did to us.

Legend.

This..sums it up perfectly for me.I hope to Christ he isnt booed It would be embarassing

Indeed it would. Easy fodder for the hacks n all. Mowen has it spot on btw bar legend.

Personally as I think I said I'm not arsed. Need to look forward not back.

Thread is pathetic anyway. We don't play City for fuckn ages.

Look at where Man City are comapred to us and look at Given's age. He owed us nowt.

He owed us those last 12/13 games. He owed us honesty and not lies. He owed us not trying to steal loyalty payments while engineering a move motivated only by money.

I never said that I'm going to go to the Man City game just too boo him or anything of the sort. I just think for how he left and how he lied in order to leave was fucking wrong. Yes he was a great player for us over the years, I rated him amongst the best goalkeepers in the world and still do actually, and at one time their wasn't another keeper I would have over him in my team. At the end of the day though he sold us out for himself and it doesn't matter who the fuck you are, I'm not going to respect whoever does that and I'm going to think of them like a Judas.

Seriously?

Anyway, Legend. Gave us most of his career, and for quite a few seasons could easily have gotten into a European team. Can't blame him for leaving tbh, Man City probably seemed at the time like his last chance for a shot at Europe.

Look at where Man City are comapred to us and look at Given's age. He owed us nowt.

He owed us those last 12/13 games. He owed us honesty and not lies. He owed us not trying to steal loyalty payments while engineering a move motivated only by money.

he didn't owe us those last dozen or so games but the rest is spot on.

Used to love him,

but the way he left made him a cunt.

judas.

That about says it for me too...

One gets hurt more by those they care about. Owen I never liked, and never expected more than mercenary behaviour from. Given was a legend of our club, we all loved him (don't say "Not me!") - which made his jumping ship all the more painful