Given's Return

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't care too much. He screwed the club, but lots of players do and he gave reasonable service beforehand. I never expected anything of him as a man - never deserved the credit he originally got. He always wanted to look after himself, which is normal behaviour - only special players dont, and I never thought he was one.

Gave his everything for the cause ("BUT HE PUT IN A TRANSFER REQUEST!" FUCK OFF!). Compare him to someone like Owen who shit on us at every opportunity, it's not even worth getting worked-up about Given.

So why did he HAVE to stay with Newcastle when we were on the slump and playing like cack? I've changed jobs when I was getting pushed and making no real money, we all want to better ourselves...

Legend.

It's laughable that folk so desperately want to chant 'Judas' at him. He wanted to leave at almost 33, big deal.

It's mostly the same group of people too, the impressionable try-hards like Stifler and Blef and the sad old fuckers that they follow like sheep.

It's laughable that folk so desperately want to chant 'Judas' at him. He wanted to leave at almost 33, big deal.

It's mostly the same group of people too, the impressionable try-hards like Stifler and Blef and the sad old fuckers that they follow like sheep.

Why do you have to make things personal when someone disagrees with you??? Judas for me...don't want him back

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

You've taken note of who says something you think is laughable? Hmmm, flies on shite springs to mind.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, tbh this whole topic has been absolutely done to death. I can't imagine anyone giving a shit considering the fucking massive other fish that we have to fry.

Guest toonlass

Eh? Who do I follow?

Haven't taken any notes, there a few posters who basically post the same nonsense every week in an attempt to conform and appease.

You haven't got a clue mate! I really couldn't give a shit about conforming,  :lol:

One of the best players we´ve had in the Premier League, and he spent so many years at the club performing very well.  Deserves a good reception on his return.

Why do you have to make things personal when someone disagrees with you??? Judas for me...don't want him back

This. No need. He's a judas for me, granted he's nowhere near Owen in levels of cuntishness but I respected him and expected him to stay to fight the rest of the season, if he'd left after relegation in the summer I would have completely understood, but the fact he jumped ship at the first opportunity pissed me off no end.

Didn't leave in particularly gracious fashion, but a magnificent servant to the club who could've (and should've) left far earlier than he did. The manner in which he left certainly strips him of the 'legend' title; but he was a fantastic player - one that was too good for us. And the fact that he dedicated the majority of his career to us, will always qualify him as a top man in my eyes.

Not looking forward to the fickle reception he's blatantly bound to receive.