Hughton confirms interest in Jlloyd Samuel

gdm

“He would have been probably one of a few players we’ve enquired about from that club even. At the moment we are in the process of finding out the availability of certain players and he was one of them.

Bolton Wanders squad players = DOOM

Guest Phil K

Shop at the "Bargain ! Sell by date's up !" counter, then you're in deep sh*t.

Shop at that counter and sell your best players to FINANCE it, is sheer insanity, and criminal.

Hope to God its just paper talk

Fuck me...

Please note that its not Hughton saying he'd be back up...........

Yeah, that would make sense.

"Well, Jlloyd, we'll sign you, because you're a very good lad that fits into that very good group of lads, but you won't play unless Jose Enrique gets injured".  :lol:

f*** me...

Please note that its not Hughton saying he'd be back up...........

Nor is it saying he'll be first-choice, and that he's one of a number of targets.

Still, its fucking Jlloyd Samuel  man , is this the level of players we are working to get in.... ohh my god...

Rather get a good young prospect from a foreign league...

Where is all the talk about getting young players, build for the future, max 26 years... bla bla bla...

Im sorry, im just a little frustrated being linked with this kind of players. :-[

Guest neesy111

I can't believe were actually setting our sights on him, we don't even need a left back!

bollocks, we need a back-up for enrique asap

I can't believe were actually setting our sights on him, we don't even need a left back!

Last time in the Premier League we had Enrique, and if he was injured, N'Zogbia or Duff played there. It's a helluva lot to expect of Kadar to step up when he's naturally a centre-back anyway. It's a body in the door and he'll hardly play as long as Jose's fit.

If Enrique's on his way (which I seriously doubt), and this is the replacement, then yeah, shocking transfer.

Last time in the Premier League we had Enrique, and if he was injured, N'Zogbia or Duff played there. It's a helluva lot to expect of Kadar to step up when he's naturally a centre-back anyway. It's a body in the door and he'll hardly play as long as Jose's fit.

If Enrique's on his way (which I seriously doubt), and this is the replacement, then yeah, shocking transfer.

Spot on. Possbility that we're getting him in for RB cover n all as I'm sure he is right footed and has played there before.

It's a player with Premier League experience who once actually looked a half-decent player - he's clearly lost his way a bit and would be a fairly solid back-up to a position where if Enrique gets injured we're struggling. I'd love to see Kadar come through, but his preferred position is CB and I'd rather he gets his chance slowly than get thrown in a bit like Edgar and Huntington and look out of his depth.

Plus he's English (essentially) and it really does look like Hughton's building a very British core to the team.

Spot on.

I'd honestly rather just play Tamas Kadar, Ryan Taylor there than to buy a new players, or at least loan someone who's good at that position.

Fabio Aurillio is free why not go for him?

Spot on.

I'd honestly rather just play Tamas Kadar, Ryan Taylor there than to buy a new players, or at least loan someone who's good at that position.

wage age and accident prone

The only position in the back four where we could realistically make a marked improvement in the transfer window is right-back, so it's inevitable that if we sign a left-back or centre-back they're not going to be as good as Enrique, Taylor and Coloccini, and players slightly down from that level are going to have problems with coming just to warm the bench.

New RB - Simpson

Enrique - New Back-Up LB

Coloccini - Kadar

Taylor - Williamson

It's just a case of the funds for me. We've clearly got a severely limited budget, and surely this area of the squad is the type that we need to be looking into loans for. Rather than spending what coppers we have on shit full-back squad players.

It's just a case of the funds for me. We've clearly got a severely limited budget, and surely this area of the squad is the type that we need to be looking into loans for. Rather than spending what coppers we have on s*** full-back squad players.

If we get a new right-back, Ryan Taylor would probably be offloaded, and that cash could go on the left-back which would give us cover right across the back line.

Hmmm, we do need back-up for LB but spending £1mil and wages on a 29 year old to never play..... There isn't much logic in that.

Would love van Aarnholt back on loan, he looked brilliant. Looked as though he could do a job covering Jonas too. Doubt we'll get him, but we could do with someone like that. Someone young and versatile, can play in a couple of positions so then they are likely to get more games than they would if they were only cover for the first name on the team sheet. A bit hungry for a chance, gives 100% whatever position to try and prove a point.

Definitely a young loanee with a view to a permanent I reckon.

It's just a case of the funds for me. We've clearly got a severely limited budget, and surely this area of the squad is the type that we need to be looking into loans for. Rather than spending what coppers we have on s*** full-back squad players.

If we get a new right-back, Ryan Taylor would probably be offloaded, and that cash could go on the left-back which would give us cover right across the back line.

I think this is what this move is. Ship out the shit midfielder who can cover at either fullback position and bring in the shit defender who can cover at either fullback position.

Spot on.

Because he's always injured, i doubt we'd get 10 games out of him and no doubt if Enrique got injured Aurelio would be injured at the same time.

Still a better option that Samuel.

For backup he should do. If it's going to be between him and Simpson for right back this season then we are really struggling. Thinking more and more it will have to be Taylor mostly at right back. I hope Ryan taylor as been offered to everyone. He is not even good enough as a squad player.