Capello stays on

Doctor Zaius
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I despise John Terry. But the fact is, he's a very, very good defender and is far less culpable than most for our WC failure.

Did you not see him getting bum raped against the Germans and his total lack of pace in all the games he played  :facepalm:

He's always been slow, man, most central defenders are.

He had one bad game. Most of our squad had 2 or 3 bad games.

the sunday papers are meant to have boat loads of scandal on senior england players that they have been holding back on, so the FA will see it as not capellos fault but the players probably

I despise John Terry. But the fact is, he's a very, very good defender and is far less culpable than most for our WC failure.

If anything Terry is more to blame than any other player for your dismal World Cup.

Not only did is "I wanna be captain again" comments cause unrest in the dressing room and unsettle the players, he was clearly at fault for 3 out of the 4 goals Germany scored.

Rumour is Gerrard and Terry were not speaking during get together over Gerrard getting captaincy papers are going to explain why supposedly

Mate sent me a text saying it was because Gerrard got his wife's sister pregnant, and that the FA got a judge to get a gagging order on the media to protect our World Cup bid as it was so close to the tournament, and Terry was furious that Gerrard got away with it when he didn't. Supposedly the gagging order expires after the tournament is finished.

Complete bollocks, mind.

Rumour is Gerrard and Terry were not speaking during get together over Gerrard getting captaincy papers are going to explain why supposedly

Mate sent me a text saying it was because Gerrard got his wife's sister pregnant, and that the FA got a judge to get a gagging order on the media to protect our World Cup bid as it was so close to the tournament, and Terry was furious that Gerrard got away with it when he didn't. Supposedly the gagging order expires after the tournament is finished.

Complete bollocks, mind.

Aye, his wife doesn't have a sister. :lol:

Complete bollocks, mind.

Aye, his wife doesn't have a sister. :lol:

:lol:

Never checked the details, just thought I'd post what was sent to me. Not surprised it's complete rubbish.

Guest East Belfast Mags

think its good news he is staying on but only if he starts to listen to the players a bit and take on board thier views. give milner,young,hart etc their chance now and see if they are up to it.

Are you kidding me? that comical defending for Gerrmany's 1st goal and inability to lead the backline generally throughout the game makes him one of the most culpable...that's not even counting whatever destabilizing effect his press conference may have had. The only players more culpable than him for England was probably Green, Barry, possibly Rooney and that's about it.   

Are you kidding me? that comical defending for Gerrmany's 1st goal and inability to lead the backline generally throughout the game makes him one of the most culpable...that's not even counting whatever destabilizing effect his press conference may have had. The only players more culpable than him for England was probably Green, Barry, possibly Rooney and that's about it.    

Possibly Rooney? :lol:

Add Heskey, Upson, Lennon, Gerrard and Lampard.

Nonsense,   I'm pretty sure Gerrard contributed to 2 of our 3 goals

If anything Terry is more to blame than any other player for your dismal World Cup.

Not only did is "I wanna be captain again" comments cause unrest in the dressing room and unsettle the players, he was clearly at fault for 3 out of the 4 goals Germany scored.

How do you know?

And failed to do anything else. He certainly didn't do his job against Algeria, which is where the real damage was done.

And failed to do anything else. He certainly didn't do his job against Algeria, which is where the real damage was done.

Well i think we can let him off for that since he was the only one who was dangerous around the box.. being played out of position and all. 

Utter ridiculous that Capello used our best midfielder like that to be honest, so to come away with any goals or assists deserves credit in my book.

Guest Stephen927

Glad he is staying. I don't think we need an English manager, it won't make any difference.

Terry also deserves credit for playing alongside 2 of the premier league's worst central defenders.

There's no way you can call Upson one of the worst central defenders in the Premier League. Granted, he's not exactly mint but there are loads who are worse.

Carragher, fair point. He's been finished for years, utterly mental that he was even called up and even more barmy that he was played before Upson.