The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Liverpool are a massive club, anyone saying otherwise is wum'ing or simply off their heads. I don't like saying that btw. 

Wacko is quite right, their CL record under Benny was a big boost for them globally imo, poor domestic performance doesn't matter in that sense.

Liverpool >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chelski in big club terms, for example.

Globally Chelski only matter to little kids who've started watching football the last 5 years or so, Liverpool have 50 years of success and the longest sustained period of dominance domestically (arguably European) we have ever seen. 

What are people saying discounts them from being "big" anyway? Two shit yanks that bought them out and fucked the immediate future? Don't like the new strip, Torres' hair? What?  They'll be back - once purple face retires from manyoo the hoodoo will be done imo.

Fuck me :lol:

They will lose Gerrard eventually, when that happens they will be finished for a long time unless they make some quality signings - which they look incapable of doing.

in a way i hope gerrard stays as he's alreasdy 30 and starting to show the signs of it. wouldn't want them to flog him for big bucks to strengthen themselves.

When was the last time Gerrard played consistently well? He's peaked, in the past he could drag a shit Liverpool side to victory like us with Shearer. Evidentally not any more.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

When was the last time Gerrard played consistently well? He's peaked, in the past he could drag a shit Liverpool side to victory like us with Shearer. Evidentally not any more.

He gave up after Liverpool finished 2nd. Even then it wasn't real Gerrard it was fall over and setpiece Gerrard.

Just saw this on a Barça forum, heh. Suppose some Liverpudlian was taking the stadium tour and grabbed the snap.

http://estaticos03.marca.com/imagenes/2010/09/28/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1285668865_extras_portada_0.jpg

They're welcome in my house if they want. Doing a fantastic job.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wonder if all those Finnish season ticket holders will bother turning up next season.

Norwegian

Probably a bit of both (Hypia and RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is the deadline tomorrow or next week? Hang on, I'll google....

15th October! Ooooooh we should have a countdown.