The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Message- Bring back Hicks and Gillette as Manager and Assistant please i feel they were misunderstood and deserve a 2nd chance.... if not you could expect and epic swindle and no one wants that :(

Your message was sent successfully. Thanks.

You should talk to Rafa marra. I was talking to a mag on a horse a few days ago and they said you may go after O'Neill, you better not O'Neill is going to set the transfer window alight this year for real like. Please declare your  interest in Rafa as soon as possible before the magedia pick up on the MON rumours.

Uncal Mickey

FTM

You should talk to Rafa marra. I was talking to a mag on a horse a few days ago and they said you may go after O'Neill, you better not O'Neill is going to set the transfer window alight this year for real like. Please declare your  interest in Rafa as soon as possible before the magedia pick up on the MON rumours.

Uncal Mickey

FTM

:lol:

Hi John,

Steve Bruce here.  As you know, I'm currently out of a job.  s*** times, hey?

Anyway, I believe I am the right man for the job.  I have a level 3 NVQ in Animal Care, all my Teddy Bear swimming badges, a massive collection of stamps, loads and loads of rare Pokemon cards and a class music collection for the PA system. I'm also pretty mint on Football Manager too.

Just to let you know, if you offer me the position of manager, I'd like to bring in my mate Mick McCarthy as my number two.  We'd be like a better modern day Evans and Houllier.  Ask the Anfield Faithful about that one, they loved them.  Trust me.

All the best mate, have a nice day as you Yanks like to say!

Steve Bruce.

aka. Brewcey

Uncal Mickey

FTM

:lol: Fucking 'mag on a horse' gets me every time.

Martinez meeting them within the next 36 hours. Seems like he's the only one who hasn't said no.

He'll probably falter a bit in negotiations to begin with, drag it out before finally escaping doom by turning them down right at the last minute.

Martinez meeting them within the next 36 hours. Seems like he's the only one who hasn't said no.

He's in Whelans holiday home in barbados at the moment and has been given until Saturday to make his choice.

He'll probably falter a bit in negotiations to begin with, drag it out before finally escaping doom by turning them down right at the last minute.

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f7/11611d1336320273t-horrible-english-commercial-happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-clean-l.png

He's in Whelans holiday home in barbados at the moment and has been given until Saturday to make his choice.

He's in Miami atm according to Whelan. Must've just flown over today?

Wigan owner Dave Whelan says Roberto Martinez is meeting with Liverpool's owners in Miami.

Whelan gave Martinez permission to speak to the Reds last week and has given his manager a deadline of 5 June to resolve his future.

"Roberto is in Miami today and you can only assume what he's gone there for [to talk to the Liverpool owners]," Whelan told BBC Sport.

"He is honest and up front and I expect to hear from him in the next 48 hours."

What exactly does Whelan has to gain by letting his promising young manager who's probably the only reason why they're still in the Premiership go?

He can't really force him to stay can he?

No he can't, but it's almost as if he's pimping him out..

What exactly does Whelan has to gain by letting his promising young manager who's probably the only reason why they're still in the Premiership go?

He's resigned to the fact that there's very little he can do in this situation and its almost fully Martinez's decision.

He's resigned to the fact that there's very little he can do in this situation and its almost fully Martinez's decision.

Not buying that. He's practically been advertising Martinez to Liverpool. Now I understand Whelan supposedly has a soft spot for the bin dippers, but considering his interest in Wigan he could play it a bit more subtle. Wonder what the Wigan fans (if indeed they do exist) make of it all..

Wonder what the Wigan fans (if indeed they do exist) make of it all..

All 5 of them?

I don't know how you can call it pimping him out. There's only one way to find out if your manager wants to stay as a chairman, and that's agreeing to let him talk to the other club. Unless you want to actively encourage the other club to tap him up to the point of him handing in his resignation.