The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I wonder if Bale is the type who will get his head turned by a bigger club?

Perhaps we should test the water.

:lol:  :thup:

Seriously tho, I think he'll end up at Man Utd with Spurs making good wedge out of it, then reinvsting it wisely.

Liverpool fan on my facebook responding to someone slating Suarez for diving -

Lol he has been pretty well behaved this season and Suarez lets bale get on with the diving now

Seriously? Have they got used to it now they don't even see it? Or is it he hasn't been involved in any racist incidents this season so he's excused? :lol:

The league table isn't infallible.

I sometimes think that goal difference is a good guide to a teams quality too.

Our goal difference is becoming very healthy now. It's a very positive sign for the future.

I mean, I get where he's coming from, but :lol:.

The league table isn't infallible.

I sometimes think that goal difference is a good guide to a teams quality too.

Our goal difference is becoming very healthy now. It's a very positive sign for the future.

I mean, I get where he's coming from, but :lol:.

I should preface this by saying that I fully expect to lose today, and would bite your hand off for a draw. That said, I think that both Spurs and Newcastle fans are accused of delusion more than most, and so I'll add this post to the one above:

Of course the team's final position in the league table is "all that matters", but that doesn't mean that the team that ends up, for example, 16th performed marginally better over the course of the season than the team that ended up 17th. Luck, bad calls by refs and linesmen, weather, 'flu outbreaks, and all the other intangibles make a difference, and they don't necessarily even out, even over a 38-game stretch. You only have to look at the GD column in the PL table to realize that a team's points total might not be an infallible indicator of performance.

So, do Spurs deserve to be 4 or 5 places ahead of us in the league table? The statistics complied by Opta and Squawka show that although there's not much difference between the two teams in overall performance, we're slightly ahead of them on a number of criteria. So, does this mean we'll get 3 points tomorrow, and the league table will better reflect that fact?

So now Liverpool are better than us at goal difference, and also (he says) Opta etc. And, of course, there will be several posts saying they're better man for man. And the reason we are currently 12 points ahead of them (in a league where less than 12 points separate the bottom eleven teams) is simply luck, bad officials and illness/injury. Despite the fact that we've actually been consistently ahead of them in the physioroom table, missing key players for extended periods of time. God, I hope we beat them yet again. What would their rationalization be then?