The Liverpool Thread

Parky

This happened nearly every year before the Dalglish farce.

Liverpool start well, fight it out at the top before Christmas, the media start salivating and Liverpool fans start gloating, then they fuck it up by March and finish in an average position.

Rinse and repeat.

Liverpool start well, fight it out at the top before Christmas, the media start salivating and Liverpool fans start gloating, then they fuck it up by March and finish in an average position.

Rinse and repeat.

Yup. They don't have the depth for a sustained campaign.

Rinse and repeat.

Yup. They don't have the depth for a sustained campaign.

We're nigh on halfway through. They may not need the depth .. Remember they missed Suarez  for a while at the start and they've had periods without Coutinho. Now they're missing Sturridge, Enrique and their captain and they're dealing with it.

If they make a couple of quality signings January, they could do it imo

It's actually quite an exciting league this year, in what seems the first time since the days of wet back pockets it actually looks like any team with a bit about them could have half a chance of winning the league.  Would be piss funny if Liverpool finally get within touching distance of winning the league only for Everton to string some results together and beat them to it.

It's actually quite an exciting league this year, in what seems the first time since the days of wet back pockets it actually looks like any team with a bit about them could have half a chance of winning the league.  Would be piss funny if Liverpool finally get within touching distance of winning the league only for Everton to string some results together and beat them to it.

Think Everton will finish above them.

Liverpool don't have the depth but Everton do?

They have an inferior side but a better manager imo. Think they'll do some business in jan as CL looks a possibility this season. Spurs will struggle now which can only be good for the dark horses for CL. Also and more importantly Everton have a far better and cohesive defence. Generally smaller squads start to suffer around Feb and then the defences come into their own.

If Everton don't get 4th it will be interesting to see what their next move is. They are still poor (financially) I think and with the likes of Lukaku, Delofeu and Barry going back to their respective clubs they're seemingly back to square one.

If Everton don't get 4th it will be interesting to see what their next move is. They are still poor (financially) I think and with the likes of Lukaku, Delofeu and Barry going back to their respective clubs they're seemingly back to square one.

Yeah I was just about to add that. :)

Would like to see Delofeu get starts he's a massive talent and actually looks far more up to speed (albeit in short bursts) than say Lamela.

Liv have another rough diamond up their sleeve in this Jordan Ibe...Heard a lot of good reports.

Yeah I was just about to add that. :)

Would like to see Delofeu get starts he's a massive talent and actually looks far more up to speed (albeit in short bursts) than say Lamela.

Liv have another rough diamond up their sleeve in this Jordan Ibe...Heard a lot of good reports.

Lukaku for me is the big question mark. Everton drew their first 3 games and looked kinda toothless without him. I think he wants to leave Chelsea as he and Mourinho fell out but can't see Everton being able to afford him, nor Chelsea letting him go cheaply.

Liverpool start well, fight it out at the top before Christmas, the media start salivating and Liverpool fans start gloating, then they f*** it up by March and finish in an average position.

Rinse and repeat.

Prior to Dalglish/Hodgson farce, we were finishing in top 3/4 almost 80% of the time that decade in the league, and often went deep in European competitions.

If that's average position, then I'll take it right now.

I also have a question. What is it that Everton is nearly the second club of most Premier League fans? Maybe Neil can help me out with it. The only fans beside Liverpool fans, who can't stand Everton, are Man City ones. Everyone else seems to have a massive love-in for them. I believe when their "cuteness", "overachieving with limited budget" actually fruits tangible success, then people will go back to wanting them fail.

Anyways, this thread on Thursday 7:30PM. Either a Parky equalizer if Liverpool lose by 3 goals or more, or a Rodgers goal if we become the first team to take something away from Etihad.

Cos we're f***ing mint.

Recent Man City hate is because we've beaten them countless times in recent years. They don't like that.

Aye. It's the second most nailed on result of the season after Sunderlast 1-0 Man City.

No prem team is my 'second' team really, if anything I have an affection towards Coventry City. I like to keep track of Valencia as its the nearest La Liga team to my parents. Other than that :dontknow:

Edit: Thinking about it, Elche are closer, but fack that.

Hate to say it but all credit to the Scousers and Rodgers for being top of the table at Christmas time. Of course, there's that argument that without Suarez they wouldn't be in such a high position but you can apply that argument with all teams really (for instance, I'd say that without Remy's goals, we would be midtable). Whether or not they'll maintain such a position is entirely down to Rodgers - any sort of psychological event/pressure from the media and fans and we could see them slipping away from the top of PL table.

Their continuing success is also down to Suarez's form - any dip and we could see them struggling a bit but unfortunately, I can see that c*** maintaining this form until the end of the season :undecided:

Oh boy, the above was difficult to type, really do not like writing good stuff about Liverpool and credit where credit is due...

FWIW, the title is going to be City's this season (as long as they sort out their away form).