The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Neither player has real craft, alot of chest puffing and heroics. Im not knocking Henderson,  I think hes a good player who will improve but he has nowhere near the quality of say Wilshere.

His workrate is excellent and, not to sound all Pardew, it does count for something

Neither player has real craft, alot of chest puffing and heroics. Im not knocking Henderson,  I think hes a good player who will improve but he has nowhere near the quality of say Wilshere.

His workrate is excellent and, not to sound all Pardew, it does count for something

If he was a Milner type option I would agree. But he's a starter for country and it isn't good enough.

Yeah, Henderson isn't a player to lift a team, more a player who performs comfortably when the team does.

:thup:

for a split second i thought i was wrong but now i don't think so....if colback had played in that liverpool team last season he'd have looked mint too and been in the world cup

As f***ing if you actually believe that :lol:

He may not be great but he's miles better than Colback.

A little bit better. Not miles.

:thup:

However, the Liverpool manager, who may switch Gerrard to a more offensive position against the Bulgarians with Lucas in the holding role, has issued a staunch defence of the team’s figurehead. “It’s simple, I judge Steven on merit,” said Rodgers. “The spotlight he is under is incredible. I think people expect him to be the player he was 10 years ago and that is simply not the case.

“He has been adapted to a playmaking role, so the player who scored 15 goals a season is not there anymore but it is hugely unfair that he gets judged on that level.

“He is the best player I have ever worked with in terms of football mentality and the loyalty he has shown this football club. I have shown in my time I do not deal on sentiment. I do not pick him on sentiment.

“He is in at 8.30am every day to prepare for training. I judge him on that and the influence on other players. Of course he is coming to the latter part of his career but he is still invaluable to me. It’s an easy situation to manage because he is a top-class player who accepts what is best for Liverpool. He is a unique case at a time when modern football is very much about the player’s interests in that every decision he makes is in the interests of Liverpool. He can still contribute at a high level and it is my job to manage how that is.”

Funniest part is that they failed to sign Barry and ended up with Aquilani. Never recovered. At one point in time L'pool had the strongest CM trio in the world imo.

Masch the legs, defensive awareness and the enforcer

Alonso the orchestrator and gap-filler.

Stevie G the whirlwind with carte-blanche to do whatever he liked

Think Chelsea came close but played Mikel too often with Essien filling in at RB a fair bit.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's looking likely that Rodgers really is the footy equivalent of David Brent which I had him pegged as early doors only to consider otherwise following last season. Parky will win this one.

Tbf though Alonso never really lost it due to ridiculous IQ, he'd struggle with Barca in their prime because Messi used to just consistently snap around his heels.

But that aside his class shone through and continues to do so, can't say same for Lampard and Gerrard who have both had periods of looking finished.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf though Alonso never really lost it due to ridiculous IQ, he'd struggle with Barca in their prime because Messi used to just consistently snap around his heels.

But that aside his class shone through and continues to do so, can't say same for Lampard and Gerrard who have both had periods of looking finished.

I wouldn't say that Lampard ever has.