The Liverpool Thread

Parky

If anyone wants a lol then have a read of some of the last pages of the RAWK Klopp thread. Some brilliant posts including gems such as...

He joined Liverpool because they're the right cultural fit so wouldn't manage Chelsea as would never feel at home. Would be tragic to lose him as he is the soulmate to the club. They've lost their identity and he recognises that and wants to bring it back.

Seriously, I bet he's doing the job on the free.

Made me laugh how they were saying on the commentary today that it's way too early to judge him. Funny, when they won a few early on they were all too happy to say it was purely down to him.

Aye. The so called Media has a somewhat populistic approach to "things"

Yeah it's early days. If he gets time then we're looking at at least 2 windows before we know what is what..Think the PL is going to be much harder than the Bundesliga mainly because almost anyone can beat you on their day.

Yeah it's early days. If he gets time then we're looking at at least 2 windows before we know what is what..Think the PL is going to be much harder than the Bundesliga mainly because almost anyone can beat you on their day.

Honestly man. :lol: Such a terrible, lazy soundbite. From just this weekend gone:

Koln 2-1 Dortmund

Stuttgart 3-1 Wolfsburg

As for Klopp, as much as it pains me to say it, I think he has had too much success with Dortmund (and previously Mainz for that matter) for him not to be a success with Liverpool. The issue they have currently is a massive lack of impact going forward in light of Coutinho underperforming, Firmino being garbage and Sturridge being a perma-crock. Ibe looks promising in parts but not good enough yet, whereas Benteke and Origi look lost most of the time.

It's telling that in the games away from home against teams you'd expect to attack them and take the initiative (to varying degrees) they've looked impressive - at Southampton, Chelsea, Man City. In those games they can rely on their pace to create the space on the counter. In several home games, as well as away games versus teams who typically would want to "keep it solid" and then break on them, they've looked clueless as to how to break them down, because they've needed sharp, quick passing to unlock teams and they've just not had that on too many occasions. And when you don't have a good defence to bail you out, you'll find trouble soon enough, a la 3-0 v Watford, a last minute 2-2 at home to West Brom and 2-0 at Newcastle.

It is a bit annoying mind, if not surprising, as to how Klopp was portrayed by the media as Jesus himself after 'masterminding' that win at Man City, but several garbage results later he now 'needs time' to change the way they play, whereas other foreign managers are immediately labelled as being "under pressure" if they don't have a good start. The preferential treatment obviously isn't going to change anytime soon, just the way it is.

Just for the hell of it, some guy on Spurscommunity put this together:

From Rawk regarding their ambitions this season:

November 4-6:

I would like to announce a big prediction - if at the end of the season it does not come true, I will donate £50 to RAWK or a charity of this thread's unanimous choosing.

Prediction: Liverpool will win the Premier League this year.

Secondary prediction (not part of bet but which I think will happen): Steven Gerrard will return to Liverpool at some point this year.

If we beat City we`re totally winning it.

I like that this thread exists.

Everyone will have differing opinions on this season... But the lovely part is simply

That there is a now a common shared belief amongst us.

Reminds me of something we all experienced not that long ago.

Life is just so much damn better when this feeling emerges from the club.

After their loss to Palace November 8-12:

I still firmly believe we will win the league. I have long felt that we would go 26 years without winning the league. This is year 26. We will win it this year.

Loss today means now is an even better time to get good odds.

Very much looking forward to us resuming our charge to the title this Saturday. Odds are still really good folks - The winning run is going to start very soon and you would imagine most likely this Saturday. Just trying to help my fellow RAWK-ites ... Place your bets now before you regret it

After their City win:

The title push has now started ... this is going to be the most amazing season folks. It might even top Istanbul.

I'm going to keep an eye on this for now. Looking at our next 7 PL games (17+ points min), we could go into the massive week with Arsenal and Manchester Utd at home in serious, serious contention for the title. Madness.

We'll be champions this season, mark my words. Good schedual, best manager in the league, 6pts from top, we're not playing good at Anfield, but we'll Fix that. I am 100% secure in this prediction, May 2016, prepare for biggest party in Liverpool ever.

After the Swansea win November 29

We'll be top by 1st Jan. Believe

WE have the two most prolific goal scorers in the league , both coming back from injury and getting back to full fitness , ready to tear it up, with ammunition being supplied from two creative Brazilian footballers.

Kloppegeddon is coming

December 5 (the day before they play Newcastle)

There is absolutely no reason why Liverpool should not win the league this season.

500-1 to beat Newcastle 10-0 tomorrow.

December 6 (after Newcastle)

We can still win the league.

This is not the end of the world. And it does not effect our chances this season anything more than that we lost three points.

Exactly. These things are going to happen. As long as we don't make a habit out of it it's not that big an issue. We got what we deserved today. Absolutely nothing. Let's take it on the chin and move on.

December 20 (after watford)

I just want us to concentrate on the cups, we arent good enough for top 4 this season.

and of course the:

Fuck that. Believe.