The Liverpool Thread

Parky

It's still early doors, but it looks like we might have some proper sports folk in charge instead of bu$ine$$men.

Regardless of you what you think or Gillett & Hicks they were sports people in pretty much the same way as J.W Henry. Methods & how they go about things may be different though.

Except Henry won stuff.

That has very little to do with what you orginally said though. Also it is players who win things. Christ are you one these cretins that wants to see the likes of Kenyon collect a medal?

I personally think liverpool are doing it the right way. Bit of a gamble going for all these highly rated english youngsters, but if it pays off provides a backbone for years to come, and not many teams will be able to disrupt it by coming in for them. I'm saying that as not  many English players go abroad, and they can hold their own against the big team in England, it's that reason Manu are coming in for phil jones even though they don't really need him, it's buy him now or never have him play for Manu before Liverpool seal him for life.

Coupled with a few of their own kids coming through, Liverpool have a bright future, little bit of foreign spark in the likes of Suarez, a player England will never produce and it's all looking good unfortunately.

Coupled with a few of their own kids coming through, Liverpool have a bright future, little bit of foreign spark in the likes of Suarez, a player England will never produce and it's all looking good unfortunately.

even assuming henderson isn't totally average and carroll can fulfill his potential consistently it's simply not gonna happen fast enough for liverpool imo

they need a challenge for the league and they need it fast, they won't get it with henderson et al imo

I can't even see where Henderson will fit in.

Considering they'll play a 442 with Carroll and Suarez up top.  They've already got Lucas and Meireles (who are better) in the middle and Gerrard's still to come back.

It's still early doors, but it looks like we might have some proper sports folk in charge instead of bu$ine$$men.

Regardless of you what you think or Gillett & Hicks they were sports people in pretty much the same way as J.W Henry. Methods & how they go about things may be different though.

Except Henry won stuff.

That has very little to do with what you orginally said though. Also it is players who win things. Christ are one these cretins that wants to see the likes of Kenyon collect a medal?

Do you English?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Considering they'll play a 442 with Carroll and Suarez up top.  They've already got Lucas and Meireles (who are better) in the middle and Gerrard's still to come back.

Was having this discussion the other day, and mentioned above, that these signings just seem random. I can't link them together into a 'team' at the moment.

Guest neesy111

Was having this discussion the other day, and mentioned above, that these signings just seem random. I can't link them together into a 'team' at the moment.

Typical Kenny D team.  Just sign a load of players and then hope they play together.

Typical Kenny D team.  Just sign a load of players and then hope they play together.

Like at Liverpool and Blackburn you mean?

Like at Liverpool and Blackburn you mean?

Ha! What did his Liverpool and Blackburn sides ever achieve?

I personally think liverpool are doing it the right way. Bit of a gamble going for all these highly rated english youngsters, but if it pays off provides a backbone for years to come, and not many teams will be able to disrupt it by coming in for them. I'm saying that as not  many English players go abroad, and they can hold their own against the big team in England, it's that reason Manu are coming in for phil jones even though they don't really need him, it's buy him now or never have him play for Manu before Liverpool seal him for life.

On the other hand he could end up doing what he did at Newcastle and assemble too many hard working players who aren't any better than most other teams have got. It will be interesting to see how they get on next season once Kenny starts building his own team.

On the other hand he could end up doing what he did at Newcastle and assemble too many hard working players who aren't any better than most other teams have got. It will be interesting to see how they get on next season once Kenny starts building his own team.

Your man Comolli will surely have a good deal of input, too.

wacka whats going on. Henderson for 13 million, now saying you have reached agreement for phil jones for 9 million, and your after adam and whickham? Who is whickham, who does he even play for now, and where are LFC getting all this money from?

The journeyman that he is  O0

£55m for Carroll and Henderson.  Staggering.

It is pretty mental, isn't it?

Apologies, as I'm sure you've probably already answered this.

What's your take on the Henderson deal?

I'd be extremely unhappy if I was a Liverpool fan.

Lucas and Meireles were brilliant since christmas, Gerrard will also be back.  They didn't need to spunk £20m on another CM.

I'd be extremely unhappy if I was a Liverpool fan.

Lucas and Meireles were brilliant since christmas, Gerrard will also be back.  They didn't need to spunk £20m on another CM.

From the Guardian's 'Fiver'

During his first spell as Liverpool's manager Kenny Dalglish liked to stockpile central midfielders, adding Steve McMahon, Nigel Spackman, Mike Marsh, Don Hutchison and Jamie Redknapp at the rate of about one a year. With his £20m purchase of Sunderland's 20-year-old England international Jordan Henderson he could field a whole outfield of them next season. The Anfield fans sing "We all dream of a team of Carraghers" but there won't be room for a single one if Charlie Adam makes it a full XI of central scufflers, box-to-boxers, holders, schemers, scurriers, playmakers and narcissists..