The Liverpool Thread

Parky

There's no doubt that Dalglish has been better, but considering Kenny is thought of as a God, and Hodgson is thought of as worse than cancer, you're not that far better off. :lol:

Think that is a fair enough comment, though a lot of Liverpool fans will be blinded by their love for KD for some time to come, his status gives him at least this full season to make an impact.

To a certain extent I agree with you.  There is nothing KD could do that would lessen my feelings about him.

He's been an outstanding player, manager, and man for this club, but what many people forget is we've been there with Kenny, won titles and cups.  He also created the best Liverpool team I've ever seen and I've seen most of the greatest ones.  I have no doubt about Kenny Dalglish, nor the players he buys.  There's bound to be some duds, but that happens everywhere.

He's been an outstanding player, manager, and man for this club, but what many people forget is we've been there with Kenny, won titles and cups.  He also created the best Liverpool team I've ever seen and I've seen most of the greatest ones.  I have no doubt about Kenny Dalglish, nor the players he buys.  There's bound to be some duds, but that happens everywhere.

you have no doubts about carroll, henderson and adam?  fucking hell :lol:

It's early days Ali, and we're much, much better off football wise.

Was early days for Hodgson too.  Didn't have a chance.

Also, Liverpool aren't exactly massively better off?  If anything they've stagnated the pace in midfield which is going to cost them big when they face the top 4/5 teams.

Hodgson was the first manager since Shankly that wasn't appointed because he was the best man for the job.  Liverpool have never gone with the flavour of the month, or the so called big names of the day.  They've always gone for who was right for LFC,  Hodgson wasn't and never would be.  His football was the worst I've ever seen, and we had some bad stuff under Houllier, his press conferences were a complete embarrassment, and the players he brought  were abysmal. 

What kind of manager sees a top tier goalkeeper and tells him he should play more like an English GK?  What kind of manager then brings in a 73 year old GK coach to show him how?

No, no matter how KD does, and I think he'll do well, it could never get as low as the all round performance of the future England manager.

you have no doubts about carroll, henderson and adam?  f***ing hell :lol:

I do have doubts about Carroll, but only because our team looks more balanced without him.  Adam  is a decent player who is very good in dead ball situations and will probably be on the bench with Gerrard now fit.  Our squad was very weak and Adam adds to the squad quality without a doubt.  Henderson hasn't pulled up any trees but neither has he played badly, he's young and will get better.

I'm not sure how people can knock Phil for having these views really, as it was exactly the same as a lot of us felt when KK was back here.

If he'd have been backed with as much cash as Dalglish has I'd have been beside myself.

I'm not sure how people can knock Phil for having these views really, as it was exactly the same as a lot of us felt when KK was back here.

If he'd have been backed with as much cash as Dalglish has I'd have been beside myself.

Yep, i totally agree.

Not sure about that Tooj, apparently it was Carragher and Gerrard who pushed for his appointment, at a time when there was no-one really running the club.  Acting CEO Purslow took those two players, and the press' advice.

I never knew that at the time.

Although from an outsider's perspective, it certainly looked like the players weren't playing for Hodgson, then as soon as Dalglish came in seemed to be putting in a lot more effort.

Dalglish set them up in the way they were meant to play.  Hodgson dropped Danny Agger because he didn't like playing hoof ball.  Joe Cole was instructed not to cross the half way line and you could see him visibly stop when he reached it, and look for someone to pass to. 

Hodgsons tactics at Liverpool were to wait in your own half and let the opposition come on to you, win the ball and get it up to the lone striker as quick as you can.  KD came in and told them to attack, keep it on the ground and they did.

There's no doubt that Dalglish has been better, but considering Kenny is thought of as a God, and Hodgson is thought of as worse than cancer, you're not that far better off. :lol:

Think that is a fair enough comment, though a lot of Liverpool fans will be blinded by their love for KD for some time to come, his status gives him at least this full season to make an impact.

To a certain extent I agree with you.  There is nothing KD could do that would lessen my feelings about him.

Like already said, very similar to when KK came back here in terms of criticism from the fans, and his start wasn't great either. But for me the same doubts I have over KD at Liverpool now linger as when we had KK as I feel he's a manager of yesteryear, and hasn't progressed with the times. How could he have, he's been out of the game for some time. There's a lot of things that are different now, media involvement, player power, agents, owners, sponsors, advertisers and Sky's dominance, all add extra to a managers job, then there's the football side of things, a hell of a lot quicker, more tactical and less room for error, everything has come on since he's managed a top job.

What he has brought is his love for the club, uniting warring sides, motivating the players and getting the club looking positive, which is what KK did here, but like KK how does he handle the other parts of a managers life? KK didn't do too well and it ended in tears when told he couldn't have the players he wanted, and had to do with what the club thought were the players right at this time, rightly or wrongly. There are going to be situations where KD finds himself and his principles and old ways compromised, how will he react? Signs of this are already creeping in in his interviews, even when matches are won he's less than enthusiastic, complaining about refs, the blame game, and this as we know from his time here will just get worse and when the results stagnate Journo's will have a field day and watch him flip out at any difficult or awkward questions. That has already begun, strange comments from Hodgson, KD will match them all by the end of the season.

As for his transfers, this is where you need to question him most. Gone are the days Liverpool churn out genuine quality through their academy so he's decided to go out and buy the best of British, regardless of what it costs. Problem is, these players who were doing it at their respective clubs had a lot less pressure on them and their defects were accepted, and poor performances forgiven. Everyone does make bad moves in the transfer market, SBR with Carl Cort springs to mind, there's a lot of people I know think SBR actually bought the wrong player by accident! Only £6m here and there, yes it stops progression, yes it means we've lost that amount, but its not as crippling as sanctioning £35m on one player based on 4 months in a top division who was injured at the time of signing, has off field problems and doesn't suit the style of play Liverpool fans cry out for. That kind of decision can cripple a club. Especially when you follow it up with £20m on Jordan Henderson.

The kind of signings Liverpool need are Suarez, everyone at the time went aye, good player, big fee, no doubt he'll match it though, and he has, and its these types of players Liverpool need to bring in to get the club moving again, not blowing £35m on a possibility. It should have been a certainty or near certainty like Eden Hazard or Lukaku. Unfortunately England doesn't have many quality players, so why KD has done his shopping, big remoulding of the squad shopping on these shores for me is incredibly stupid and stuck in the past where he bought his Blackburn team and thinks 20 years later he can do it again, he can't. Henderson £20m Vs Cabaye £4m, early days yeah, but Henderson will never be 5 times as good as Cabaye and so a massive waste of coin for Liverpool and it stopped other signings elsewhere in the team. He got lucky with Enrique, under full contract £15m, but we had no choice to sell on the cheap.

Motivation will only get you so far, then other things count, when the chips are down KD isn't the type of manager to turn it around, he'll blame everyone else until his luck changes or players start pulling it back themselves, what he is good for is creating a bandwagon and getting everyone to jump on it and follow him up a mountain, whether there is success to be had in that method time will tell, but with Chelsea with a forward thinking manager, Manu with one of the best managers who has ever lived, Citeh with enough money to smooth over any problem, what exactly is classed as success for Liverpool these days? Beating Arsenal to 4th, getting a League cup? As i believe that's the limit under KD if things go your way.

Another Liverpool bug-bear; Jamie Carragher.

s**** defender, s**** person. Finished, should retire.

extract from his autobiography:

Lucas Neill's lucky escape after breaking Jamie Carragher's leg

By Jamie Carragher 4/09/2008

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2000, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

Complete arsehole

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2000, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

Complete arsehole

A real cunt this lad. Ugly in every apsect of his character, hope he disappears when he retires instead of causing needless pain on television

Complete arsehole

Sounds like an absolute cunt.

Guest kingdawson

Published 00:00 03/09/08 By By Jamie Carragher

After I established myself at right-back, our African defender Rigobert Song found himself out of the team and our previously healthy relationship instantly deteriorated.

One morning in training he was told I'd been called into the England squad after performing well at full-back.

There was a look of astonishment on Song's face - a bit like the one we used to give him when he claimed he was only 21.

He might as well have blurted out he thought I wasn't good enough for international football.

He strolled off to his French speaking friends and began talking to them. I could see him pointing towards me while everyone was grinning. It was clear what he was saying and the rage inside me simmered.

Later, Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite.

"You're not f***ing laughing now are you, you soft t***?" I said as he hobbled away.

Did I care he had a knock? No way. I don't remember him or anyone else in the squad for that matter trying to take the p*ss out of my ability again.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Rigobert-Song-soon-learned-not-to-knock-Liverpool-team-mate-Jamie-Carragher-article39345.html#ixzz1YhLkocWU

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Rigobert-Song-soon-learned-not-to-knock-Liverpool-team-mate-Jamie-Carragher-article39345.html#ixzz1YhLXVhZG

Poor Rigobert. How could you consider doing that to this:

http://nexdimempire.com/wp-content/uploads/Song-New-look.jpg

:lol:

But aye, everything bout Jamie Carragher is pure cunt personified. Surprised he hasn't faced a lot more backlash for the absolute prick personality he's made perfectly clear in his autobiography. The pure fact such a non-entity of a player has made an autobiography when he hasn't even retired yet screams top flight cunt to me.