The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Wow, finally someone has said it (in the press)

'Outraged by everything and ashamed of nothing' - fuking spot on.

That's another paper not being bought in Liverpool, that whole paragraph is spot on but the last line you picked out really hammers it home.

"What Suárez did was callous, premeditated and dimwitted to the point that, if Liverpool had any sense, they would have condemned it on the spot and at least salvaged a semblance of dignity. Instead, they reverted to their default setting whenever Suárez comes under scrutiny: this half-baked conspiracy that everyone is against them and that the only way to combat this is to go on the attack themselves. Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing."

Guest Stephen927

Fair play to Evra for being willing to shake his hand, takes a lot to do that after what Suarez has done. Shows really what kind of bloke Suarez is, totally unwilling to try and put an end to a situation his own ignorance created.

Guest Chubby Jason

Anyone fancy a cheeky bid for Suarez in the summer? His time is up at Pool and he's a class player and would be a great ambassador for the club.

If Ferguson had been in his position, he'd have ordered Suarez to shake hands and there's no way that Suarez would have done otherwise. Dalglish is identifying too much with the player, and not enough with the welfare of the club, or the game as a whole.

haha. Ferguson is the biggest hypocrite going, he's backed his players for alot worse shit than not shaking someones hand (including racism)

Guest neesy111

Some of the people saying Man Utd need to help to get this situation over is bonkers.  Liverpool FC, KKKenny and Suarez are still refusing to even accept what had happened, no sniff of an apology for Evra and Man Utd.

For this whole situation to diffuse it can only start by Suarez apologising to Evra for what he said.  Fuck all chance of that from the racist cunt.

Guest Howaythetoon

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12022012/58/premier-league-papers-savage-paranoid-dalglish.html

Looks like the media are finally turning on them.

As for Suarez he's a good player but nowhere near as good as Liverpool fans think he is. He should score far more goals than he does and he's always moaning at his team-mates. That and he's an utter cunt. Just like his manager and his fans.

I used to like Dalglish but I honestly get angry when I see him being interviewed, his face and his words offend me, the man has turned himself into a farce over this and I now hate the prick.

weren't we told to shake hands after having a scrap at school, meaningless wasn't it. Evra didn't exactly help his cause at the end of the game, fergusson got no room to talk following his issue's in the past, has Terry shook hands with Ferdinand yet, be interesting to see.

On a very petty side note, anyone else amused at how embarrassed Enrique looked walking next to the bucktooth spunkface in the half time images? Saw it on SSN this morning and he just looked so fucking awkward. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Talking about John Barnes on Rawk... Seriously :lol:

Quote from: stardorman on Today at 10:33:49 AM

Bloody legend on Sky there.. Should be head of our press relations or spokesman.

Could u imagine how Sky would take it.. he accused tgem of sensationalizing the

whole issue and laughed at most of the questions. Brilliant

Totally agree. If John Henry makes this appointment, all this racism crap will instantly disappear. Barnes will use his intellect, his background, and his experience to wipe the floor with these 'oh watch us clean England from racists' journalists. And because of his roots, they will also have to tread carefully with Barnes. I think we should contact John Henry and make him aware because of the climate the club has unfortunately found itself in, a black man of John Barnes' reputation will do us a massive amount of good.

Full thread http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=286616.0

Suarez made no attempt at shaking his hand, but Evra's 'attempt' was really half arsed if you look at it, doesn't really warrant all this press. Plus Evra's reaction the end was epically OTT. Conclusion - They are both nobheads. 

weren't we told to shake hands after having a scrap at school, meaningless wasn't it. Evra didn't exactly help his cause at the end of the game, fergusson got no room to talk following his issue's in the past, has Terry shook hands with Ferdinand yet, be interesting to see.

Er, I'm assuming that you were a child at the time and not one of the teachers. ;)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/luis-suarez-i-m-sorry

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Only a few months late ...and all it took was the condemnation of the entire football world and media. Such a big fella.