The Liverpool Thread

Parky

agreed on both - i've not seen a lot of liverpool this season but when i have (and reports i've read back it up) i feel they're a good striker away from being a much better team....as Unbelievable said stick a 20 goal a season striker in there and you've got a different animal

we've basically had 2 15 goal strikers for us this season otherwise we'd probably have had much similar seasons in the league

short story: they're currently about fixable imho, whether they've got the right people in charge to make the right choices is another question

With only two games to go, you have scored one less goal than last season. I'm certainly not going to discard the two Dembas influence in your season - far from it - but there's more to your progress than just having more goals. Your defensive record - barring calamity these last two games - is much better for example.

remember i'm being objective mind :lol:

they've let in less than us and haven't had 2 strikers banging in goals...had they had that you'd have to imagine they'd be there or there abouts tbh...we've scored 12 more than them over the season, it's enough

so in summary they just have to go and sign a 20 goal a season guaranteed striker, no bother :lol:

So...............................

Wonder if finishing below Everton and winning the League Cup on penalties against Cardiff City qualifies as a great season?

Downing and Henderson are atrocious, christ. That come back and credit where credit is due it was a good one was however the sign of a cup side. They simple don't have enough quality to maintain any serious consistency (good) in the league with those players.

So is Dalglish going to be "let go"/"moved upstairs" at the end of the season because of his FA Cup failure or has the Carling Cup win saved him for another season? I hope the latter is the case, another season of Liverpool failing/imploding would be great to see.

Guest Howaythetoon

Liverpool for all their effort in the final 20 minutes or so still looked an awful side to me. Chelsea were dead on their feet and sat so deep but Carroll's goal aside, they created very little in terms of clear chances. They really are a dour side with some awful players. Honestly, not one of their players would get in our side for my money. Thankfully they lost. I despise Chelsea but they have some players I actually like, players like Lampard and for all his fawning, Drogba and of course Ramires, a fantastic player.

So is Dalglish going to be "let go"/"moved upstairs" at the end of the season because of his FA Cup failure or has the Carling Cup win saved him for another season? I hope the latter is the case, another season of Liverpool failing/imploding would be great to see.

friend of mine in Liverpool (Everton supporter) is convinced thats whats going to happen and Rafa will be back.

How many steps backwards have Enrique taken since he left us? Since January he's been p*ss poor.

If he continues on like this, he's never going to get into the Spain squad.

How many steps backwards have Enrique taken since he left us? Since January he's been p*ss poor.

If he continues on like this, he's never going to get into the Spain squad. It's as simple as that.

He's never going to get there anyway, Spain have a lot of players that can play in his position, and a lot of young ones coming through who are better.

Casillas, Valdes, Reina, De Gea, Asenjo ;)

Guest Craig-NUFC

RAWK Meltdown ‏ @RAWK_Meltdown

Losing finals is what turns boys into men and losers into winners

:lol: :idiot2:

RAWK Meltdown ‏ @RAWK_Meltdown

Losing finals is what turns boys into men and losers into winners

:lol: :idiot2:

That's the dumbest god damn...

Not really, you lose a final, then your best players decide to leave for a better club and become winners. Just ask macherano, Alonso and now Torres. ;)

Guest BooBoo

Dalglish simply has to resign.

His tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. If we'd been up against that rabble today we would have humiliated them. A truly dreadful side and they were fortunate they only were up against a feeble Chelsea side.