The Liverpool Thread

Parky

How does Rodgers win (v Parky I mean)?

FWIW I think it's good to see young British managers being given these opportunities, either way it'll be a great learning curve for him.

OMG that RAWK statement. They are MENTAL  :idiot2:

They not only threatens to ban people who have a different opinion they will also ban people who are "nostalgic", so now; say anything good about Dalglish and you are OUT.

f***ing idiots.

Guest bimpy474

He could be here in 15 or more years and we could be looking back then - or in 5 years or so - as this being a fantastic turning point. We will identify Kenny as having started it anyway, so it won't matter about the pain we feel now.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294162.0

Erm what did kenny start ?

The rise of the Fourth Reich.

Well, this is going to end in tears. It is quite a peculiar appointment imho.

The Liverpool fans' (high) expectations are going to take its toll on Rodgers. This is going to be a massive challenge for him and unfortunately, I can't see him lasting a whole season at Anfield - he'll receive some initial support from the fans but then once things start going badly (a bad run of form), the fans will inevitably start turning on him.

Btw, I never really got the massive love-in Rodgers got - sure he got Swansea playing some good stuff here and there but towards the end of the season, it started to become clear that his tactics were actually boring as f*** (you could say they were somewhat negative, what with the passes to midfield from defence, then back to defence and eventually back to the keeper).

Oh and howay Parky!

Guest bimpy474

We should start forcing Dave to make some statements.

You don't seem to have grasped the concept.

:spit:  :D

Another flavour of the month appointment from Liverpool to follow Hodgson and Dalglish.

I've nothing against Rodgers and he might do well but I don't think anyone would be surprised if he didn't last long

Guest Phil K

The Liverpool "We're the biggest and most loved club in the WORLD" mob will be screaming for his head when they haven't won the Premier League by December.

Them winning the Champions League (again), was the worst thing that could have happened to the football world. They clearly saw it as their destiny as "one of the greatest clubs in the world", which David Fairclough has just described them on SSN.

Other than seeing it as everyone else saw it, a one off. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing achievement and well deserved but it papered over the direction that the club has been heading for what nearly 25 years?

That's quarter of a decade for "one of the greatest clubs in the world", which has seen not one league title.

They really need a shock moment, some realisation of where they really are as a club.

Them winning the Champions League (again), was the worst thing that could have happened to the football world. They clearly saw it as their destiny as "one of the greatest clubs in the world", which David Fairclough has just described them on SSN.

Other than seeing it as everyone else saw it, a one off. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing achievement and well deserved but it papered over the direction that the club has been heading for what nearly 25 years?

That's quarter of a decade for "one of the greatest clubs in the world", which has seen not one league title.

They really need a shock moment, some realisation of where they really are as a club.

Totally agree.

Don't think he's up to the job personally. Seems like a decent enough bloke, encourages football etc but there's something missing. He needs to get off to a good start or the pressure will build on him and I'm not sure how he'll cope with it.

Spot on. It's a shame because I've nothing against Rodgers, but I hope he crashes and burns purely as it means Liverpool crashes and burns. And it couldn't happen to a nicer club. :aww:

Aye you're right there, it's really made a difference to them in terms of being able to attract players as well though. Now if Liverpool come in for your players or manager, you worry because you think they'll go but it's easy to forget where they were ten years ago when despite being a better team than now, generally didn't come and get top players from other Premier League clubs cos no cunt wanted to play for them (apart from Hamann :hmm: ).

I think dinosaurs such as Villa and Liverpool are eventually going to suffer the same fate as we did three seasons ago. They share alot of the same problems, that i feel we did, in some cases worse.

With owners who seemingly lack direction or knowledge for the game, whom repeatedly make bizzare manager appointments based on fan power or money, there can only be one outcome. It's not like these clubs have billions to back their respective clubs with, in some respect it might make it easier if they had no money at all.

How can these clubs afford to splash 25m on Bent, 20m on Henderson, 35m on Carroll, whilst hiring people like McLeish and Dalglish.

Brendan Rodgers is a good honest coach but he will struggle while his name isn't Dalglish, Souness or Benitez.

When you have owners willing to spend and some of the players we have, top four is very achievable.

Spurs will probably lose Modric and Bale - so they are going to be weaker you would think.  Newcastle don't have as good of team as us.  Arsenal are pretty much a one man team.  We can very much get top four next season and that will be the aim of FSG and Rodgers.

Let's not lower our expectations after one season where we lost key players to injury, our leading striker got banned and we were incredibly unlucky.  Rodgers is taking over a spine of a very good team.  When you have Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Bellamy, Suarez etc - top four is a very achieveable aim!