The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest Howaythetoon

This will either prove an inspired move or backfire spectacularly. For me he is a very good manager, good coach and more than competent, but success at Liverpool will be defined by a good start and perhaps fans and media alike lowering their massive standards/expectations. That and the owners too. Top four is surely way out of the reach for them for a good number of years you would think regardless as is the league title itself. What they need is a kind of rebirth if you like similar to our own. I cannot see there being the patience for that to happen though, on and off the stands. They really ought to have went for an established world-class manager. Rafa would have been perfect or even Cappello. Rodgers will be eaten up by Liverpool you feel. That and the kiss of death from Parky :lol:

This will either prove an inspired move or backfire spectacularly. For me he is a very good manager, good coach and more than competent, but success at Liverpool will be defined by a good start and perhaps fans and media alike lowering their massive standards/expectations. That and the owners too. Top four is surely way out of the reach for them for a good number of years you would think regardless as is the league title itself. What they need is a kind of rebirth if you like similar to our own. I cannot see there being the patience for that to happen though, on and off the stands. They really ought to have went for an established world-class manager. Rafa would have been perfect or even Cappello. Rodgers will be eaten up by Liverpool you feel. That and the kiss of death from Parky :lol:

You're right, he won't be given time because they 'deserve' better. Love how destined to failure this is again, they should have pulled out all the stops to get Rafa back, he would have got nearly as much protection as KKK.

There will be no DoF according to BBC. A technical panel? of four or five will make decisions??

That sounds like a compromise. Rodgers wouldn't have wanted to work under the shadow of someone like Van Gaal.

I'm not sure how that group would work, especially if they're new to one another. I don't know if it's a model that's been used commonly elsewhere. Plus are you going to attract the best people if they're only going to be part of a group of five? 

Oh good, the nonsense about Swansea playing 'attractive stuff' is back.

Yeah, their possession-based catenaccio is far from attacking or attractive  :lol: do hate how since Barca came to be top of the world that everyone has become absolutely obsessed with possession.....

9 times out of 10 having more posession means f*ck all anyway.