The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I just went for a little browse on the Liverpool forum and I think they're banning people if they slate Suarez.  They also appear to ban people who post transfer news links from websites that aren't considered reliable enough.  A scary place all in all.

RAWK's always had a very limited selection of sources from which transfer stories are accepted. Too many shite threads of baseless rumours otherwise.

Or, why don't they just have a general "Transfer news in the press" and a "Twitter Bollocks" thread?

RAWK's always had a very limited selection of sources from which transfer stories are accepted. Too many shite threads of baseless rumours otherwise.

Or, why don't they just have a general "Transfer news in the press" and a "Twitter Bollocks" thread?

Everyone can´t be perfect  :aww:

I'm pretty ambivalent about this. He's a great player, like, but such an embarrassing liability to boot. As long as we don't lose money on him, I'll not be overly sorry to see him go.

That's not to say I'm confident we will get a good price for him or that we'll spend it wisely :(

Can you stay out of this thread, you're ruining my idea of the typical Liverpool fan.

Mostly because there are ~40,000 registered members on RAWK vs ~2,300 on here. As a result, there's an awful lot more bollocks would get posted on there if they weren't stricter about content, and you can imagine the cash money cost of running the forum if all that bollocks were allowed.

I'm the first to admit that RAWK mods are a bit heavy-handed with the banhammer, but I think it's reasonable that they forbid/delete threads based on pure rumours or otherwise vapid threads just to keep the forum running and the signal to noise ratio up. You can always post a thread based on the rumours, as long as it isn't obviously based on rumours, i.e. a reasoned "we need a player like XYZ" thread rather than "XYZ linked with LFC according to gobshites" thread.

I'm pretty ambivalent about this. He's a great player, like, but such an embarrassing liability to boot. As long as we don't lose money on him, I'll not be overly sorry to see him go.

That's not to say I'm confident we will get a good price for him or that we'll spend it wisely :(

Can you stay out of this thread, you're ruining my idea of the typical Liverpool fan.

:lol: I wouldn't worry about that. If I were one, I wouldn't be on NO in the first place, would I?

:lol: I wouldn't worry about that. If I were one, I wouldn't be on NO in the first place, would I?

:hmm:

Reminds me of a forum I posted way back where a dude patiently weaseled his way into admin-ship and then proceeded to ban everybody.

Fingers crossed, you'll be living the dream once again real soon.

/wacko for mod!

I'm glad Suarez is looking like he's going. Although he's a brilliant player, he's been an absolute poison on the PL. Good riddance.

Why exactly is he a poison? I don't get this, I think he contributes far more to the PL in terms of generating viewers than Mike Williamson, and no body is calling him a poison except us on here. I think the PL will lose an interesting character even if he is an absolute prick.

I'm glad Suarez is looking like he's going. Although he's a brilliant player, he's been an absolute poison on the PL. Good riddance.

Why exactly is he a poison? I don't get this, I think he contributes far more to the PL in terms of generating viewers than Mike Williamson, and no body is calling him a poison except us on here. I think the PL will lose an interesting character even if he is an absolute prick.

Hardly sets a good example does he? The Evra incident (which contributed to Liverpool's subsequent support for Suarez that pretty much brought back some racist attitudes which set the country back some years), biting a fellow professional and just his overall cuntedness - these are things I don't f***ing want in the PL. He's in no way an interesting character whatsoever, he's just a c***.

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 6h

(Suarez) A thorn, you never used your rose, The ones you loved abandoned you, Your nutmegs made hearts so warm...

(Suarez) You helped the club but who helped you? Then rushing through the Chelsea defence, They hounded you, you lost control

(Suarez) We prayed that you would get a 3 match ban, The news came through - Your season over... Good night, my sweet prince...

:lol:

Hardly sets a good example does he? The Evra incident (and Liverpool's subsequent support for Suarez), biting a fellow professional and just his overall cuntedness - these are things I don't fucking want in the PL. He's in no way interesting character whatsoever, he's just a cunt.

:thup: There's a difference between being one of the guys everyone loves to hate and just being downright scum.