The Liverpool Thread

Parky

@DTguardian: Rodgers now in. "There were probably two buses parked today instead of one. It's not difficult to coach, ten players on 18-yard box."

:lol: bitter

Must say I do love hearing the crying when that kind of things happens, always sounds so sanctimonious and full of themselves. You blew it, deal with it don't cry about the oppositions tactics, everyone knew what Chelsea were going to do and you couldn't come up with a way to break them down thats your fault.

It's as much a part of football as lovely attacking play. I saw it coming in the first half, if Chelsea scored first they would be difficult to break down after that. Rodgers should have had a better gameplan for it. You don't need coaching qualifications to work out the first goal is very important against disciplined sides like Chelsea.

Awful from chelsea, its all that little wanker can do.

:thup: This, would rather he hadn't came back to England.

I love how bitter people are about the 'parking the bus' malarky. As if drilling a side in that manner isn't a massive skill in it's own right.

You may not like it but you've got to concede it's effective and highly practiced/drilled.

Fuck me, if AP could do it, we'd have less than 2 goals in every one of games.

Awful from chelsea, its all that little w***** can do.

I love how bitter people are about the 'parking the bus' malarky. As if drilling a side in that manner isn't a massive skill in it's own right.

You may not like it but you've got to concede it's effective and highly practiced/drilled.

f*** me, if AP could do it, we'd have less than 2 goals in every one of games.

Bitter ? Whatever  :lol: :lol:

Is it hard to coach? Di Matteo was able to win a champions league doing it and he isn't even a very good manager

It isn't hard to coach in terms of telling players where to stand, when to press, etc. but it is hard to convince them all and drill it into them. It's a very disciplined tactic. Especially in big games like today.

Bitter ? Whatever  :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was bitterness.  It's just not what I watch football for and it's came back to England in a big way since Mourinho's return.  We had years of end-to-end goal-fests amongst the top sides while he was away, now we're back to that stuff.

I do concede it's highly effective, it just fucks the spectacle of seeing 2 good sides going at each other.

If it was unbeatable, Chelsea wouldn't have lost a game this season. Liverpool weren't good enough, that's on them.

Seems to work better in the big games as a tactic though, by its nature.  They've done the double over Man City and Liverpool this year, if they could switch to a more free-flowing game where they could pick lesser teams apart at will they'd doubtless have the league sewn up by now.

The only thing that matters is it's made this weekend not so shitty.

Well nah, that's not the only thing that matters, we're having a discussion about how big games have become less entertaining since Mourinho came back to Chelsea.

Guest bimpy474

Well nah, that's not the only thing that matters, we're having a discussion about how big games have become less entertaining since Mourinho came back to Chelsea.

Aye i agree, but today it may well have stopped those detestable utter cunts winning the league, i'll set aside my love of the game played properly for an hour so.

Aye i agree, but today it may well have stopped those detestable utter cunts winning the league, i'll set aside my love of the game played properly for an hour so.

I want Liverpool to win the league, not that it's got much/anything to do with the discussion.

It's always going to be much easier to defend than attack, that's the nature of football. Destruction is much easier than creation. It just so happened that today circumstances were perfect for them to do it.

It's always the way a Mourinho team does it in these games though, that's the point.