The Liverpool Thread

Parky

There is surely an age thing going on with respect to Liverpool. It's not a total, black or white thing, it is more blurred than that, but I think it is safe to say that, largely, opinions differ on the basis of how old you are.

I grew up in the 70s and 80s with Liverpool winning absolutely everything, with their f***ing horrible glory hunting w***** fans in your face all the time, with the media ejaculating over them year after year. I know this is what has happened with Man United in recent years, but honestly, I still think it was worse with Liverpool.

Over that period, they were also the single luckiest club ever. If there was ever a bit of luck to be had, it went their way (Michael Thomas excepted), it was f***ing horrible, year after year.

I don't like teams buying silverware to the extent of the utterly artificial Manchester City, or the truly despicable Chelsea (at least with City, you can say their fans were alright before they had money, Chelsea's fans were utter c***s for decades before their windfall), but genuinely, I would rather either of those clubs won the league than Liverpool.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league this year, next year, or any year. Especially not with that c*** Gerrard still there, but even that is only a minor contributing factor.

Liverpool are f***ing horrible, and have been for decades. I don't want that nauseating sycophancy coming back, not ever.

Yep. Abso-f***ing-lutely.

This, this and THIS!!

There is surely an age thing going on with respect to Liverpool. It's not a total, black or white thing, it is more blurred than that, but I think it is safe to say that, largely, opinions differ on the basis of how old you are.

I grew up in the 70s and 80s with Liverpool winning absolutely everything, with their f***ing horrible glory hunting w***** fans in your face all the time, with the media ejaculating over them year after year. I know this is what has happened with Man United in recent years, but honestly, I still think it was worse with Liverpool.

Over that period, they were also the single luckiest club ever. If there was ever a bit of luck to be had, it went their way (Michael Thomas excepted), it was f***ing horrible, year after year.

I don't like teams buying silverware to the extent of the utterly artificial Manchester City, or the truly despicable Chelsea (at least with City, you can say their fans were alright before they had money, Chelsea's fans were utter c***s for decades before their windfall), but genuinely, I would rather either of those clubs won the league than Liverpool.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league this year, next year, or any year. Especially not with that c*** Gerrard still there, but even that is only a minor contributing factor.

Liverpool are f***ing horrible, and have been for decades. I don't want that nauseating sycophancy coming back, not ever.

+1, in spades.

I grew up in the 70s and 80s with Liverpool winning absolutely everything, with their fucking horrible glory hunting wanker fans in your face all the time, with the media ejaculating over them year after year. I know this is what has happened with Man United in recent years, but honestly, I still think it was worse with Liverpool.

Over that period, they were also the single luckiest club ever. If there was ever a bit of luck to be had, it went their way (Michael Thomas excepted), it was fucking horrible, year after year.

I don't like teams buying silverware to the extent of the utterly artificial Manchester City, or the truly despicable Chelsea (at least with City, you can say their fans were alright before they had money, Chelsea's fans were utter cunts for decades before their windfall), but genuinely, I would rather either of those clubs won the league than Liverpool.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league this year, next year, or any year. Especially not with that cunt Gerrard still there, but even that is only a minor contributing factor.

Liverpool are fucking horrible, and have been for decades. I don't want that nauseating sycophancy coming back, not ever.

Great post :thup:

Absolute respect for Brendan Rodgers, he's fashioned the best football side in the country, but the smug self satisfaction of Liverpool fans and their sense of entitlement means I always want them to lose (soz wacko).

That was crushing yesterday. For the run to end through a "slip", but that vile club and sub-human c*nt of a manager, it was as the script had been written by Froggy and Bimpy. It was coming on the last day of my birthday weekend. Just soul-destroying stuff, worse than Athens.

But hey, nothing is completely lost yet. Brummie and Neil can shake things up, or Carroll and Downing can finally contribute something positive to Liverpool.

Everton are a proud football club and Bobby Martinez is a true gent, so they'll want to give it a good go in their last home game (also still could be caught by Spurs/Man Utd if not careful), so they'll be honest I am certain. I mean Barkley might be a brat thinking parking the bus for 90 minutes, wasting time after 2 minutes, and limiting the amount of ball-playing time to 50 minutes from the 90 is a "Tactical Masterclass", but Martinez isn't that dim. They usually don't do 2 poor results in a row, and I am sure they'll be up for it. So will City, but we'll see. Villa usually have one good game in them every couple of months, and they haven't had a single one since beating Chelsea 6 weeks ago. Clutching to the straws, but there may be one final twist left.

And no, come back is not on for Parky. Even if Liverpool lose their final 2 games 10-0 each, Rodgers has won the N-O battle with Parky this season.

That was crushing yesterday. For the run to end through a "slip", but that vile club and sub-human c*nt of a manager, it was as the script had been written by Froggy and Bimpy. It was coming on the last day of my birthday weekend. Just soul-destroying stuff, worse than Athens.

But hey, nothing is completely lost yet. Brummie and Neil can shake things up, or Carroll and Downing can finally contribute something positive to Liverpool.

Everton are a proud football club and Bobby Martinez is a true gent, so they'll want to give it a good go in their last home game (also still could be caught by Spurs/Man Utd if not careful), so they'll be honest I am certain. I mean Barkley might be a brat thinking parking the bus for 90 minutes, wasting time after 2 minutes, and limiting the amount of ball-playing time to 50 minutes from the 90 is a "Tactical Masterclass", but Martinez isn't that dim. They usually don't do 2 poor results in a row, and I am sure they'll be up for it. So will City, but we'll see. Villa usually have one good game in them every couple of months, and they haven't had a single one since beating Chelsea 6 weeks ago. Clutching to the straws, but there may be one final twist left.

And no, come back is not on for Parky. Even if Liverpool lose their final 2 games 10-0 each, Rodgers has won the N-O battle with Parky this season.

I still think you'll do it and for the sake of football , I hope you do.

Pass me the fucking sick bucket.

:lol:

:thup:

Incognito is extremely desperate to see Gerrard lift the Premier League trophy, but I agree.

How could anyone to prefer that shower of scum Chelsea or blank cheque City to buy the league again.

I wouldn't say I was desperate but I'm much in the same boat as you are. There is the added bonus though of them shedding tears if they don't do it.

Guest antz1uk

Pass me the f***ing sick bucket.

:lol:

that written by him that used to frequent from RTG? sir ricky sbragia or summin!

Incognito is extremely desperate to see Gerrard lift the Premier League trophy, but I agree.

How could anyone to prefer that shower of scum Chelsea or blank cheque City to buy the league again.

Anyone but Liverpool. Seriously, only the mackems winning the league would sicken me more. I'm a City fan until the end of the season.

Those whining, racist, self-aggrandising fuckers deserve nowt.

Besides, the fan reaction will be fucking hilarious if they bottle it.

Individual fans can exist at any club.

I don't see other teams printing up t-shirts in support of racists, defending them in statements, and players making a spectacle of themselves by refusing to shake the hand of the player they abused.

Guest alijmitchell

Any goodwill I'd gained for Liverpool winning the league was ruined by Martin Tyler, MotD, etc. If they win it, it'll be intolerable.

DJERAWHHHHD? Oh no it's almost hit the corner flag

DJERAWHHHHD? Oh no not this time

f*** Martin Tyler. Absolutely loved it when Ba scored. Just wish Willian would have squared it back to Torres so he could have driven the stake in even deeper. How sweet it would be to finally get payback for 1996. I'd tolerate Al Pards and his lying toilet of a face for one day if we somehow spoil it for them.

Objectively speaking, Liverpool have played the best football out of the top teams this season and IMO they "deserve" to win the league for their attacking play. Nowt wrong with the way Mourinho set up either. It's not like Liverpool didnt have chances. They did and their finishing was utter w***. Schwarzer made a couple of great saves from Allen and Suarez, but that was it. Mourinho had every right to celebrate the way he did at the end after them parading Luis Garcia before kick-off, which was obviously a move to gaud him.

f*** me, I'm not one for Mourinho usually, and I have wanted Liverpool to win it of late, but I've changed my mind too thanks to the media wankfest. The way many a scouser took joy in our demise after the 4-3, and when we went down, I thought I would never forget. I've just been reminded. f*** off.

Justice for '96?