The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Apparently his position is under no threat and he'll be given green light to go ahead with his top 3 transfer targets (Ings, Benteke, Milner)

:lol:

He looks like he had a stroke after the match on Sunday, but it's hard to feel sympathy for him considering how snide and smug he is when things are going well.

Seeing he seems hell bent on going back to his ideal Swansea 2011/12 model of 4-3-3 with a target man up top...I have every belief that it'll end up in tears and he'll be sacked by Christmas max. With the fan base so divided and the atmosphere so toxic, it'll take a couple of bad results in August for it to get nasty.

Massive gamble by the American owners to go all-in on him and back him which in my opinion will backfire and will result in a wasted season next.

Apparently his position is under no threat and he'll be given green light to go ahead with his top 3 transfer targets (Ings, Benteke, Milner)

He looks like he had a stroke after the match on Sunday, but it's hard to feel sympathy for him considering how snide and smug he is when things are going well.

Seeing he seems hell bent on going back to his ideal Swansea 2011/12 model of 4-3-3 with a target man up top...I have every belief that it'll end up in tears and he'll be sacked by Christmas max. With the fan base so divided and the atmosphere so toxic, it'll take a couple of bad results in August for it to get nasty.

Massive gamble by the American owners to go all-in on him and back him which in my opinion will backfire and will result in a wasted season next.

http://files.sharenator.com/231285.jpg

Guest chopey

I still think Rodgers is a good manager and would have him at Newcastle in heartbeat, but he made some very poor signings last summer and the Liverpool fans turning every game into a Gerrard testimonial doesn't help either.

Not going to knock Liverpool for worshipping Gerrard. I don't like him or Liverpool but he was class for them and is deservedly a god.

Rodgers is a tit, a good manager but has ideas well above his station. Matter of time before he gets sacked but that's where the fun ends. They will undoubtedly hire a good manager.

Rodgers seems to be a good coach but his transfer record is an absolute fucking nightmare.

Has a reputation on Mersyside as a bit of a tinkerman. Plus he has the portrait of himself in the kitchen.

Guest antz1uk

reminds me of the season they got shot of Alonso and were going to replace him with gareth Barry

Not going to knock Liverpool for worshipping Gerrard. I don't like him or Liverpool but he was class for them and is deservedly a god.

Rodgers is a tit, a good manager but has ideas well above his station. Matter of time before he gets sacked but that's where the fun ends. They will undoubtedly hire a good manager.

Gerard relegating Liverpool in a few years :megusta:

they've hired one good manager in the last decade.

they've hired one good manager in the last decade.

And that was actually 11 years ago. :lol:

I also think Roy Hodgson's a good manager, mind. Admittedly he did poorly at Liverpool.

Genuinely shocked how many people don't know about this. I know plenty do but when the name 'Heysel' is mentioned, quite a few Average Joes don't really  cotton on what you're referring to. The sheer fact it was in mainland in Europe and not this country has somehow protected it from much deeper scrutiny. Which is why years of hysterical media coverage over Hillsborough - another horrific tragedy - doesn't sit well with me.

Four years later, I hoped that the nightmare at Hillsborough would make Liverpool fans think again, and differently, about Heysel, and campaign for justice in both instances: quite the opposite, Heysel just disappeared altogether.