The Liverpool Thread

Parky

If Ashley baught Liverpool this guy would probably cry so much that he'd drown all of Great Britain in a flood. :lol:

And you could bet there would be no unsympathetic morons in the media telling scousers to appreciate the glorious financial stability. Liverpool fans deserve the best.

Genuinely shocked how many people don't know about this. I know plenty do but when the name 'Heysel' is mentioned, quite a few Average Joes don't really  cotton on what you're referring to. The sheer fact it was in mainland in Europe and not this country has somehow protected it from much deeper scrutiny. Which is why years of hysterical media coverage over Hillsborough - another horrific tragedy - doesn't sit well with me.

Four years later, I hoped that the nightmare at Hillsborough would make Liverpool fans think again, and differently, about Heysel, and campaign for justice in both instances: quite the opposite, Heysel just disappeared altogether.

Spot on.

Still laugh at our fan crying on that station with Micky Quinn 'soo many goals' :lol:

It was clearly a Mackem.

Nah someone on here knew him IIRC :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

After almost winning the league last season and then failing at the near death then losing Suarez it has been tough for Liverpool to overcome that. In isolation Rodgers is still doing a decent job.

Ballotelli has been a huge expensive flop and coupled with Sturridge being injured a lot and the loss of Suarez this season was always going to be tough. Liverpool in general has wasted a few quid in the transfer market.

As much as I thought he was a David Brent/charlatan type character, he has shown enough that he's a good coach IMO. Overall he's doing a very good job there and is clearly one of the better coaches/manager's in the league.

Unless they could get say Ancellotti, they would be mad to get rid. Rafa returning would guarantee a cup or two but not the league and someone like Klopp would be a big risk I feel.

I never used to like him and still think some of his methods are way off, but I'd have him here in a shot and I reckon given time he will go onto succeed.

Is Rodgers in control of transfers at Liverpool?

They use a moneyball type database and a transfer committee.

Aka a roulette wheel with the hottest transfer targets of 2012 on it.

Genuinely shocked how many people don't know about this. I know plenty do but when the name 'Heysel' is mentioned, quite a few Average Joes don't really  cotton on what you're referring to. The sheer fact it was in mainland in Europe and not this country has somehow protected it from much deeper scrutiny. Which is why years of hysterical media coverage over Hillsborough - another horrific tragedy - doesn't sit well with me.

Four years later, I hoped that the nightmare at Hillsborough would make Liverpool fans think again, and differently, about Heysel, and campaign for justice in both instances: quite the opposite, Heysel just disappeared altogether.

Spot on.

yes very quickly forgotten by the scouse cunts as i remember it well and said to my dad "liverpool fans caused that disaster"  ,too this day they hide behind Hillsborough and forget there disgusting and cowardly act by them

That may be because a good number of the people responsible for Heysel disaster were arrested, tried and punished for it.

Those responsible for Hillsborough destroyed the evidence and got away scot-free, largely thanks to government complicity in the cover-up. It took literally over 20 years for the blame to be correctly apportioned, and still nobody was actually punished for what they did.

I'd be the first to agree that a lot of Liverpool fans have chips on their shoulders that are so large that they practically qualify as moons, but beating LFC fans as a group over the head with their different attitude towards a disaster where many of the guilty went to prison and a disaster where everyone who was actually responsible not only got away scot-free, but were allowed to paint the victims as the perpetrators, is some pretty weak sauce.

I've spoken to a lot of fans of other clubs who were going to matches in the '80s, and by far the most common response to Hillsborough is "there, but for the grace of God, go we."

There's plenty to criticise in LFC fans without having to reach for the Heysel-Hillsborough straw man.

That may be because a good number of the people responsible for Heysel disaster were arrested, tried and punished for it.

Those responsible for Hillsborough destroyed the evidence and got away scot-free, largely thanks to government complicity in the cover-up. It took literally over 20 years for the blame to be correctly apportioned, and still nobody was actually punished for what they did.

I'd be the first to agree that a lot of Liverpool fans have chips on their shoulders that are so large that they practically qualify as moons, but beating LFC fans as a group over the head with their different attitude towards a disaster where many of the guilty went to prison and a disaster where everyone who was actually responsible not only got away scot-free, but were allowed to paint the victims as the perpetrators, is some pretty weak sauce.

I've spoken to a lot of fans of other clubs who were going to matches in the '80s, and by far the most common response to Hillsborough is "there, but for the grace of God, go we."

There's plenty to criticise in LFC fans without having to reach for the Heysel-Hillsborough straw man.

just saying it is never mentioned as its not current news  and hillsborough enquiry will get the truth in time and hopefully justice will name the guilty involved and family and loved ones may get closure of sorts ,if you read this thread there is a anti Liverpool bias and no doubt other clubs may have a similar newcastle thread and i dont give a damn frankly

Guest lincoln_imp

its almost as if people from one country care more about their own country than others. I realise on this forum that is an erroneous position, given the quite frankly disgusting anglophobia on here, but most other countries don't practise the same sense of self loathing that the English do. Its the same reason American military can murder families in their bed and write it off, but when two russians let of a bomb in Chiago, they call it terrorism.

Anyone who attended matches in the 80's knows the cause of both disasters

Which was ?

There's more than one reason or course. Poor policing decisions would be the top one in both cases though. Though those fans who were at Hillsborough without tickets must be desperately pained by their consciences.

Edit: Cracking post Wacko .

Is Rodgers in control of transfers at Liverpool?

They use a moneyball type database and a transfer committee.

Aka a roulette wheel with the hottest transfer targets of 2012 on it.

To me it sounded more like they're going through the database of the Football Manager series. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Came into post that. Disgusting. Many a L'pool fan have that type of attitude. The "sides".

Isn't that what you're doing by pigeonholing a set of fans in exactly the same way? Anyhow, he's a total cunt obviously.

Came into post that. Disgusting. Many a L'pool fan have that type of attitude. The "sides".

Isn't that what you're doing by pigeonholing a set of fans in exactly the same way? Anyhow, he's a total c*** obviously.

No. I'm simply stating I that I believe some of the opinions he displayed are mirrored a good section of L'pool supporters from that time. The majority of their fans wouldn't have heard much about Heysel.