The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I dunno about Nzonzi I kinda had him pinned as one of those workhorse anonymous midfielders who are decent but never spectacular, then when I watch Stoke nowadays he does seem better than that. May be because when he was under Pulis he was dull as hell

They finish the season having conceded only three goals fewer than relegated Burnley.

They've finished sixth with a goal difference of only +4, which is like us when we finished fifth.

Finishing high up the league with a very low goal difference is a bad pointer toward the following season. It suggests such high position is not sustainable.

f

It would in our case, but theirs suggests losing suarez and sturridge for most of the season whilst signing a total donkey in Balotelli has hit them hard.

They'll buy one or two strikers, let mario go, and return to being a 5th place team believing they can be league challengers.

They've got money so that's pretty likely. The notable point is that they'll probably have to buy strikers and have a defence that can (still) do with sorting just to finish fifth.

When they started that Man U game with the Mata goals, they had 54 points off 29 games. They've finished the season with 6 points off the last 9 matches. Still, they made sure Gerrard got a lovely send off and he's a legend, etc. etc., not like that nasty Sterling chancer.

(It should go without saying, but Coutinho probably wants to piss off somewhere else too)

Was it me or did Muniesa just let Gerrard score that goal?

Looked like that to me.  Saw it was Gerrard and just gave up the chase.

Looked like he pulled up injured.

5th is good considering the teams in front of them and what they spent. I think fourth for Liverpool this year would have been an excellent result. Should be Parky 1-1 Rodgers.

"I've always said if the owners want me to go, then I go," said Rodgers, who has won two of his last nine games.

Aye 1-1 indeed  :lol:

IMO Gerard finally leaving will bring a sense of relief to the footballing side. He's been a passenger most of the season. His outstanding quality of years gone by had drained away as he got older, and it's been like playing with 10 men at times for them in midfield.

Their defence is utter wank as well, with both Skrtel and Lovren so overrated, and clearly not able to form any kind of partnership. The marginalization of Sakho was also a bit baffling. They need to ship Skrtel out, sign a better center half, and move Emre Can forward to take the place of their outgoing captain.

Dross like Lucas, Borini, Alberto, Allen, and the enigma that is Balotelli need to be moved on. They might also need a real goalkeeper. Mignolet/Jones is a woefully mediocre pairing for a club with CL aspirations.

That's just the opinion of an outsider, and personally I hope they keep going in the same direction, crash and burn.

Guest chopey

I wonder if Real's old boss rocks up at Anfield

Probably been posted elsewhere but Carlo is having major back surgery and will be out for a year

Fucking typical earning so much money they can afford new backs