The Liverpool Thread

Parky

He's not totally responsible of course but he'll have had a say in some, would be interesting to know which one's he pushed for. Allen and Lallana for starters have been underwhelming and likely his picks.

He didn't want Mario though and he seems to get a lot of stick for that signing.

Course Rodgers had a big say, he takes his share of the blame. I just think it's funny how people ring up phone-ins saying stuff like "Liverpool need to decide how they want to run the club". They have decided mate, it's just a bit too complicated for your brain.

He's not totally responsible of course but he'll have had a say in some, would be interesting to know which one's he pushed for. Allen and Lallana for starters have been underwhelming and likely his picks.

He didn't want Mario though and he seems to get a lot of stick for that signing.

Oh definitely, I can imagine Allen and Lallana were both Rodgers' signings.

However, both of them have arguably contributed much more than the likes of Mario, Markovic, Aspas, Ilori etc. who were more than likely not his signings.

Liverpool are a feeder club for big clubs, they'll sign a player and he'll perform well and then move onto a big team (Torres, Sterling, Suarez). They'll then use the money of the big sale to fund new players to try and turn into a saleable asset. Until they stop this cycle, they'll never compete.

Other than Countinho, I don't think they have any decent players anymore - which will be a big problem moving forward.

However, both of them have arguably contributed much more than the likes of Mario, Markovic, Aspas, Ilori etc. who were more than likely not his signings.

Liverpool are a feeder club for big clubs, they'll sign a player and he'll perform well and then move onto a big team (Torres, Sterling, Suarez). They'll then use the money of the big sale to fund new players to try and turn into a saleable asset. Until they stop this cycle, they'll never compete.

Other than Countinho, I don't think they have any decent players anymore - which will be a big problem moving forward.

Sturridge is class if he can stay fit but aye apart from that they don't have good enough players

Guest firetotheworks

All that fan fiction, references to Shankly, boot room bollocks and wearing the 'quirky' Klopp hat/glasses combo. Pass the bucket.

You mean like? http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/10/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-manager-a-reaction/

I'm not just saying it for effect, this actually turned my stomach.

'Liverpool Football Club is not a job, as so many have come to realise, it is a calling.'

...oh God, why did I carry on reading?

'By the time Klopp’s predecessors have come to appreciate this, the burden of that realisation has broken them. No-one is the same after Liverpool. I think Klopp knows this. I think that’s why he wanted our job. He is a man who will have done his homework. He will know the history. He will have researched our sub-cultures and customs.

Nothing though can fully prepare him for our reality, though.

This is real world now, Jurgen. This is not a drill. We will bury you if you fail us. But win for us and return us to the promised land — not halfway, but all the way — and you will truly walk with gods.

Statues will be erected to you, children will be named after you, hairstyles and leisure wear will be worn in your image. Strap yourself in, lad, it’s going to be mad. Enjoy it regardless.'

whats apparently been the system according to Tony Barrett of the times is its been kind of a trade off system, the other members of the transfer committee get him to take Mario, Markovic, Firmino who he doesn't really want but he gets his guys who they don't really want like Benteke etc and it really looks like a horrible way to run your club