The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Potentially very good appointment, obviously.

I'm not too convinced that this wont go tits up quite soon though. not quite sure how his unique and rather 'eccentric' ways will fare in the PL.

By all accounts he is very different to anything we have seen before and the press over here don't tend to like different.

Also the mentality of PL players. especially young British players is very different to that he will be used to working with.

It's either going to be inspired, queue a wankfest of scouse love and trophies galore...ugh

Or it's gonna be a short an bumpy affair imo

Personally hoping for the latter obviously.

I'm plumping for the this is a mistake myself, for him and them. (fingers crossed)

I don't think he'll appreciate the negative press we have. It was all very friendly in Germany, not even that bad during the poor form. They properly go for the juggler here.

O0

This may be the Achilles heel for him over here imo. our press are fucking vitriolic and whilst a little bit of eccentricity is tolerated, especially if accompanied with losing (Holloway etc), I can see some being rubbed up the wrong way by his 'charm' and the knives coming out.

Lad would be better suited at a top, top European league and side imo.

He ain't going to be one of the boys over here and that may ratchet up the pressure....I hope :lol: not hat I'm bitter against the bin dippers mind.

the press tolerate a lot if you're from london and bezzie mates, but no they will tear into him if he starts slow, which he will as hasn't he in his previous jobs? Takes a bit of time to get the squad behind him, one of those wants his players to die for him sort of coaches.

He will possibly do very very very well, god I wish he hadn't gone to fucking liverpool. In an ideal world where we have resources to challenge for the title he's the coach I'd want.

I don't think he'll appreciate the negative press we have. It was all very friendly in Germany, not even that bad during the poor form. They properly go for the juggler here.

Yeah this is what will be interesting to watch...He might make a few jokes - he can be flippant and although all that is appreciated in Germany with its boring ubermensch it might open up a few delicate veins here.

Nah if you're a character you get away with loads in the press in England