The Liverpool Thread

Parky

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this thread needed a bump due to Liverlol totally fucking up Europe for next season and klopp keeping his unwanted losing streak going ,apart from the fact no europe they now have the issue of keeping a hold of there bigger names and attracting quality players .In respect of the final i howled with laughter at the fact Owen and McManaman both put the defeat solely at the door of Moreno straight after the final whistle and did they say anything about Gerrard royally fucking up there title bid against Chelsea, Parky gets a extra 3 points for finishing season in style  :wav:

Thought this thread needed a bump due to Liverlol totally fucking up Europe for next season and klopp keeping his unwanted losing streak going ,apart from the fact no europe they now have the issue of keeping a hold of there bigger names and attracting quality players .In respect of the final i howled with laughter at the fact Owen and McManaman both put the defeat solely at the door of Moreno straight after the final whistle and did they say anything about Gerrard royally fucking up there title bid against Chelsea, Parky gets a extra 3 points for finishing season in style  :wav:

If I was them though I'd be looking at the lack of European football as an opportunity a la Leicester rather than crying about it.

Could end up being exactly what they need in Klopps first full season what with his pressing style etc.

If I was them though I'd be looking at the lack of European football as an opportunity a la Leicester rather than crying about it.

Could end up being exactly what they need in Klopps first full season what with his pressing style etc.

see your point but with all clubs being awash with new mega millions and the new managers at City,Chelski and probably Manure its going to be difficult for them

Thought this thread needed a bump due to Liverlol totally f***ing up Europe for next season and klopp keeping his unwanted losing streak going ,apart from the fact no europe they now have the issue of keeping a hold of there bigger names and attracting quality players .In respect of the final i howled with laughter at the fact Owen and McManaman both put the defeat solely at the door of Moreno straight after the final whistle and did they say anything about Gerrard royally f***ing up there title bid against Chelsea, Parky gets a extra 3 points for finishing season in style  :wav:

What bigger names? Their squad is awash with mediocrity and inconsistency. They only have one or two true quality players and the rest is just unbalanced rubbish. Resting all their players at WBA in the final game was short-sighted and irresponsible by Klopp as well.

I'm gutted for them  :iamatwat:

see your point but with all clubs being awash with new mega millions and the new managers at City,Chelski and probably Manure its going to be difficult for them

Correct, so adding European football to that isn't going to help whatever way you look at it when you consider there's more money in existing in the PL than playing CL football these days.

I really do get your point but its still strange to say the best path to success is to not succeed first.

I really do get your point but its still strange to say the best path to success is to not succeed first.

Didn't say it was the best path to success either, just that if I were Liverpool under Klopp I'd be looking for a strong season in the league now to try and take advantage of the additional games that Spurs and others will be playing.

Again it'll be Klopps first full season with (presumably) quite a few new players bed in and get used to his methods. Could work out for the best for them, that's all.

Thought this thread needed a bump due to Liverlol totally f***ing up Europe for next season and klopp keeping his unwanted losing streak going ,apart from the fact no europe they now have the issue of keeping a hold of there bigger names and attracting quality players .In respect of the final i howled with laughter at the fact Owen and McManaman both put the defeat solely at the door of Moreno straight after the final whistle and did they say anything about Gerrard royally f***ing up there title bid against Chelsea, Parky gets a extra 3 points for finishing season in style  :wav:

What bigger names? Their squad is awash with mediocrity and inconsistency. They only have one or two true quality players and the rest is just unbalanced rubbish. Resting all their players at WBA in the final game was short-sighted and irresponsible by Klopp as well.

I'm gutted for them  :iamatwat:

Coutinho ,Sturridge are money makers for them in todays silly money

• 3 months later...

Klopp turning his back not wanting to watch a Liverpool penalty on the stroke of half-time, at Spurs, in the 3rd game of the season :anguish:

The sensationalist bollocks starting to get to him as well. Not like Klopp to display nervousness and lack of confidence in his team. His handling of  Moreno has been a bit weird, and it seems things aren't as rosy as one would expect down there. Really needs to sell Sturridge if he won't play him, and bring in upgrades on Henderson and Moreno if they're to have any chance of competing for top 4.

• 1 month later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Could be their year.

Could be, anyone but the usual suspects. I'd even take Spurs winning it. I'd love Arsenal to though just for Wenger and my brother in law who is a Gooner!

Guest firetotheworks

They're a fucking brilliant team to watch like. Impossible not to like Klopp either, his passion for the game couldn't be hidden if he tried. Very Keegan-like.

Guest Howaythetoon

They're a f***ing brilliant team to watch like. Impossible not to like Klopp either, his passion for the game couldn't be hidden if he tried. Very Keegan-like.

Aye, they play some lovely stuff and he's very likeable. He's arguably the best fit for them and no doubt in it for the long run. Mourinho and Guradiola are short term managers. A club like Liverpool need someone more like Klopp IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

Still hate Liverpool, despite Klopp.

I never used to dislike them, oddly enough I started disliking them not long after Rafa left them. I'll never forget the night they went top after a nil nil draw at home and it was greeted by loud boos at Anfield. That and the whole Suarez thing and Rawk becoming Nazi Germany, a forum I used to quite enjoy. Having said that, I work a lot in Liverpool and they are generally sound people and often have nowt but good things to say about us, our club etc. And they fucking adore Rafa they really do. Even Everton fans respect him.

Still hate Liverpool, despite Klopp.

I never used to dislike them, oddly enough I started disliking them not long after Rafa left them. I'll never forget the night they went top after a nil nil draw at home and it was greeted by loud boos at Anfield. That and the whole Suarez thing and Rawk becoming Nazi Germany, a forum I used to quite enjoy. Having said that, I work a lot in Liverpool and they are generally sound people and often have nowt but good things to say about us, our club etc. And they f***ing adore Rafa they really do. Even Everton fans respect him.

Living in the Wirral I find exactly the same thing. A lot of them are just bellends online really.

Guest Howaythetoon

In fact wherever I go in the UK I find most people who are into football speak highly of us, although whenever I'm in London and speak to Arsenal or Spurs fans they tend to repeat the cliched bollocks.

I think the Internet has helped towards making fans more knowledgeable, but also more fucking stupid.

Guest Howaythetoon

If I were to basically go off Rawk... then Liverpool would have the most detestable fans going. When I work in Liverpool, it's the opposite. They have a great fanbase. I also blame the media for how fans are portrayed and indeed clubs. We get a raw deal, but I'm glad we are not precious over it or overly sensitive. The mackems though, any bad press and its Magedia.

I like Liverpool, due to Klopp, Rafa and the fact that my Liverpool supporting mates have not been as irritating the last few years.  Quite a lot of them have actually been humbled by not winning much by their standards and just seem happy to have a manager and team to be proud of. 

Still get a lot of annoying, plastic fans.  But that goes for any big club. 

Agree with the Klopp love-in. He's fantastic for the game and I'm glad he went to LFC rather than the big money clubs. Their fans are generally quite good except for the period between Rafa and Klopp when they were an utter embarrassment to themselves. The Suarez/Dalglish carry-on was especially pathetic.

Still think they have dificiencies in the squad especially in midfield and LB, and I still think they absolutely must get rid of Sturridge since they can't seem to be able to get the best out of him.

• 4 weeks later...