The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Part of me thinks it would be mint if they played YNWA at all Premier League games this weekend and that was the last of it. Put it to bed. (Obviously with those responsible coming to justice). Would be a good sign of unity within football.

The Police's actions on the day were terrible but not for one minute do i think they meant to kill anyone. But what happened did cost lives, so the police are to blame, in exactly the way they were found to be today, unlawful deaths down to their actions. The stadium standards back then wouldn't have helped either but that's not an excuse for them.

But the cover up is the single most abhorrent thing. The police being inept at their job isn't a crime, covering up The Hillsborough Disaster to save your own skin is. There are no excuses for that and those responsible for it should have the full force of justice thrown at them.

Agreed.

Being inept at your job can definitely be a crime if you're grossly negligence, but yeah, the systematic cover up and smear campaign by the authorities (which literally began while the disaster was still unfolding) is somehow the most despicable aspect.

Does anyone know if the cover up represents a crime in any way?

It seems so wrong for fuckers like MacKenzie and Bernard Ingham to get away scot-free for the unrepentant torment they inflicted upon the families of the victims.

Part of me thinks it would be mint if they played YNWA at all Premier League games this weekend and that was the last of it. Put it to bed. (Obviously with those responsible coming to justice). Would be a good sign of unity within football.

It's not over. The verdict of "unlawful killing" is just the start. It's a prerequisite for any criminal investigation and prosecution, which will hopefully follow now.

I suspect it's classed as perverting the cause (?) / Course (?) Of justice

:hmm: The spelling of "perverting" not a problem, eh?

Perverting's OK. You gone full German or is it me?

I was trying to imply that he's well up to speed on perversion.

Keith Barrett loves a poem on Facebook and this one is excellent;

For twenty seven years

They said

'It was them not us'

It was 'them' that caused that fateful rush

For twenty seven years they lied

As the tears were cried

On Merseyside

Football supporters just going to a game

Never to return home from the Leppings Lane

For twenty seven years

The lies did not cease

From the Government

The Sun

The South Yorkshire Police

But the Scouser's stood together

Shoulder to shoulder

All the way

Until the truth was told

On judgement day

Did they think that forever

The lies would last

The deciept

The buck passing

'The denials of the past'

Liverpool

A city with a red and a blue divide

But with a mutual working class feeling

Shared

Deep inside

It is a solidarity

To be admired from afar

The Scouser's

'Come ed la'

Any football fan

Who has dedicated their life to their team

Will understand just what I mean

The pride

The love

The chanting and all the sing songing

That wonderful feeling of just belonging

But the campaign for justice

Showed a solidarity beyond belief

Liverpool

A proud region

United in grief

I have paid my respects

Outside the Shankly gates

And spoke my condolences

to my Scouse mates

The Geordie's laid a wreath

On the penalty spot

At your Anfield home

And we joined together

Raised our scarves

And sang

'You'll Never Walk Alone'

I would just like to say

You fought for what you wanted

Every single inch of the way

You beat the authorities

With their lies and their dirty tricks

You achieved justice

For the 96

I don't know how Kelvin f***ing Mckenzie still walks the earth and hasn't been put 6 feet under by someone.

Got some nob on my FB citing free speech for Mckenzie

If only it were within a million miles of free speech, that plank on your FB might have a semblance of a point. This is hate speech, not free speech, proven lies and arseholery of the highest order that he cannot even bring himself to admit to this day. The man is a waste of a human body and brain, a big walking pile of shit.

I don't know how Kelvin f***ing Mckenzie still walks the earth and hasn't been put 6 feet under by someone.

Got some nob on my FB citing free speech for Mckenzie

If only it were within a million miles of free speech, that plank on your FB might have a semblance of a point. This is hate speech, not free speech, proven lies and arseholery of the highest order that he cannot even bring himself to admit to this day. The man is a waste of a human body and brain, a big walking pile of shit.

what gets me, is how the south yorks police legal team could drag up previously discredited claims about the conduct of the fans, and not be in some sort of contempt.

Not sure if it's hate speech, but there might be a good case for libel.

Debatable. If it were my dad, brother, sister or friend who perished there and I then spent a quarter century reading media lies by that fucking toilet paper, I doubt i'd be content to just call it libel though. Legally speaking, you're probably right though.

ITV News rolled out another ex South Yorkshire chief constable for the news earlier - he was insisting that a small minority of Liverpool fans were to blame. :(

Even if that concept hadn't been unequivocally discredited by the enquiry, how could it in any way absolve the police of any blame? That the behaviour of 'a small minority' of fans could possibly result in the death of almost 100 people at a sporting event under their watch is an absolutely ridiculous idea and would merely be further proof of their sheer incompetence.