New Club Captain

David28
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who should be our new captain?

That's what Hughton has said about it:

“Nicky Butt has gone now and the captaincy is available.”

“Nicky didn’t play as many games as he wanted last season,  and so we had various captains, including Alan Smith, Steve Harper, Kevin Nolan and Fabricio Coloccini.”

“These are all characters that have played in his league before, and Alan and Steve have been at the club for a number of years now.”

“It’s another decision that will be made in pre-season, but I can rest easy knowing there are plenty of candidates for the job.”

“It’s not just about one vocal point on the pitch, but you need somebody to lead the way.”

I personally don't want Smith or Nolan as captain because it would mean that they would start pretty much every match. Don't want Harper either, because he's a keeper. And I'm not too sure about Coloccini as well.

I'd might just give it to Barton as he seems like a player who is always talking to others while playing. Problem, of course, he won't be playing that much.  :lol:

Not Smith. I don't mind Nolan, he's an experienced captain at PL level and if he shifts a bit of timber in pre-season I can't see why he wouldn't be efective in the right system. If not him then Colo or Jose. Leading by example.

Nolan, seems like hes going to play a massive role for us next season.

:angry: :banghead: :whatdidido: :weep:

Im convinced he'll chip in with some goals, probably 4-5, its not him who im worried about, even tho there are massive question marks over his fitness and performance in the Premier League.

Nolan, seems like hes going to play a massive role for us next season.

:angry: :banghead: :whatdidido: :weep:

Im convinced he'll chip in with some goals, probably 4-5, its not him who im worried about, even tho there are massive question marks over his fitness and performance in the Premier League.

If he's our attacking CM and Smith is our holding CM we'll get shat all over from minute 1!

Guest firetotheworks

It should maybe be Colo, if it's the type of thing that will bring the best out in him, but I think it'll be Harper, and I wouldn't have much of a problem with that.

Kevin Nolan. We joke about his weight but he has a big voice in the dressing room and lots of Premiership experience. His goals were a big factor in promotion and I feel like he can be relied upon to at least try his hardest every match. Potentially a good leader, inspires others.

I'd be tempted to give it to someone who is more than just blood and thunder... so not Barton or Smudger. Really don't know what Colo is like personality wise.

Probably Nolan, maybe S Taylor if he's actually going to play (or not be sold).