James Perch

BeloEmre

Heard a rumour that James Perch was next (in a long line) of players to have been written off by a large section of our support before turning a series of half-competent displays. Surely a fallacy!

Man the day he turns it around and becomes a decent FOOTBALLER is the day none of us are on this earth. Alien Perch

He had Jonas in his back pocket when playing for Forest.

He is not as bad as people make on but suffers from a lack of confidence borne out of a poor start for us last season when he got booked 5 games in a row and the crowd got on his back.

Guest palnese

Thought him and Simpson did alright tbf. They we're always going to struggle in the air, but that's not their fault.

Are you having me on? Alright?

We conceded 4 from crosses.

They're both small and poor in the air, but it's not their fault Pardew picked them.

Thought him and Simpson did alright tbf. They we're always going to struggle in the air, but that's not their fault.

They're both small and poor in the air, but it's not their fault Pardew picked them.

Height doesn't account for marking.

Guest WashyGeordie

Our only other option was Kadar, so what did you want Pardew to do?..

Release Perch in the summer.

Guest palnese

Height doesn't account for marking.

Of course it does. It's so much easier to mark a tall, strong player if you're as big the player you're marking.

Release Perch in the summer.

How does/did that help us today?

His marking for the first goal was pathetic, and gave away such a stupid foul which lead to the third goal. He's not good enough.

Was he supposed to be on Surman? If so, you're right, he got caught out of place by the other players movement.

As three of their goals came from set-pieces, I would have expected Shola/Ba to be marking Grant Holt, so you cannot blame Perch for those two, the Morrison header was atrocious play by Gosling that had our team switched around too quickly.

Simpson and Perch did reasonably well, especially under the circumstances. Would have been destroyed at Stoke, mind.

Guest Heneage

His marking for the first goal was pathetic, and gave away such a stupid foul which lead to the third goal. He's not good enough.

Was he supposed to be on Surman? If so, you're right, he got caught out of place by the other players movement.

As three of their goals came from set-pieces, I would have expected Shola/Ba to be marking Grant Holt, so you cannot blame Perch for those two, the Morrison header was atrocious play by Gosling that had our team switched around too quickly.

Simpson and Perch did reasonably well, especially under the circumstances. Would have been destroyed at Stoke, mind.

They were arguably destroyed today having let in 4.