James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest sicko2ndbest

Having watched football first he was absolutely abysmal

At fault for the at least 2 of the goals (1st and 4th).

Without being knee-jerk i am struggling to remember a worse player wearing the black and white

Without being knee-jerk i am struggling to remember a worse player wearing the black and white

Not even the worst in the squad.

In fairness to him, he's not a centre half in a month of Sundays, simply not tall enough or strong enough. That's not to say he's any use as a full back either mind, he's just found himself way out of his depth in the Premier League and it's the club's fault for not buying some fucking defenders in the summer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

There's a page devoted to that very topic a few pages back. He wasn't that bad, but aye, carry on bashing for the sake of it.

Will do Stu, its embarassing he is even 4th choice centre half

Hughton should have been sacked for this alone. Even the forest fans couldnt believe we were in for him

Absolute garbage!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tell me whos worse?

Would rather have Smith at CH than this baffoon

There's a page devoted to that very topic a few pages back. He wasn't that bad, but aye, carry on bashing for the sake of it.

Will do Stu, its embarassing he is even 4th choice centre half

Hughton should have been sacked for this alone. Even the forest fans couldnt believe we were in for him

Absolute garbage!

Sacked for signing a cheap full back to fill in for Simpson for a month, ok then.

That's much better than the Pardew approach of not even bothering to sign a covering centre half, not even using the young one we've got, and using two full backs there instead. :lol:

In fairness to him, he's not a centre half in a month of Sundays, simply not tall enough or strong enough. That's not to say he's any use as a full back either mind, he's just found himself way out of his depth in the Premier League and it's the club's fault for not buying some f***ing defenders in the summer.

yep

Tell me whos worse?

Utter drivel.

Smith is the worst player in our squad by some distance. Perch is a competent Championship defender/utility player.

He was hopelessly exposed at those set pieces, great deliveries but as a team we didn't deal with them. He did lose his man for the 1st and gave away a soft free kick for the last but Gosling set up the 3rd and we had no players blocking their attackers for any of the set piece goals.

Tell me whos worse?

Thats not a bad shout to be honest as in the CCC early days Smith was virtually playing sweeper in front og the back 4 anyway. mind you i think he'd give away more free kicks than perch who actually wasn't that bad in open play.

Interview with him in  today's Journal. Think he comes across well spoken and certainly being honest about things. Used to read "this is my chance, I want the manager to pick me from now on etc." and fringe players fooling themselves. He's just saying he's struggled but wants to do better, can't fault him.

Perch said: “It was tough, it was a big step but I felt I could do it.

“When Chris (Hughton) was there last season I felt I did alright. I had two dodgy games which unsettled me a little bit and Danny came in and did brilliantly, the team did brilliantly in the end and I could not have any complaints really.

“I cannot say I had the best start to my career here at Newcastle last season, because I didn't.

“If you are not honest with yourself you are not going to do yourself justice in the long run.”

That honesty extends to an admission he expected to be on his way in the summer.

Perch changed agents and asked his representatives to look out for loan moves, fully expecting to be shipped out in the major summer revolution at St James’ Park.

However, Pardew sought to reassure him on his future and Perch is now determined to repay the boss for the faith invested in him.

He admitted: “I probably thought my time was coming up as a Newcastle player because I was not anywhere near it, I was not anywhere near the first team and I was struggling a little bit.

“I kind of knew I was going to be at the club, but I did not know I was going to get my chance to play and to start week-in, week-out. When I came in it was like a whirlwind and I got chucked in to make my debut at Man Utd away.

“It did not come took quickly or as a surprise but I did not have long to get my head round it.

“ I don't know whether that was a good or bad thing. This is my second chance and I would just like to take it.

“I train very hard every day, so the gaffer could never keep me out of the team down to my attitude and if he keeps picking me then brilliant and it shows I have the manager's faith.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/12/17/perch-looks-to-resurrect-his-newcastle-career-61634-29968165/2/#ixzz1gmvUboBV

In fairness to him, he's not a centre half in a month of Sundays, simply not tall enough or strong enough. That's not to say he's any use as a full back either mind, he's just found himself way out of his depth in the Premier League and it's the club's fault for not buying some fucking defenders in the summer.

Bingo. He might be shit but the fans getting on his back straight away today which is liable to happen doesn't do him any favours either.

It's not his fault he's not up to scratch but at least he doesn't shirk it and hide during games.