James Perch

BeloEmre

Alongside Colo he may be able to do a job today.  I don't think anyone sees him at the club long term though.

:thup:

:nods:

I fully expect him to leave in summer tbh.

And what about Perch?

He'll be the new captain like O0

Alongside Colo he may be able to do a job today.  I don't think anyone sees him at the club long term though.

On what grounds?

Just my personal opinion, if we want to improve then we can't rely on the likes of Perch really although having said that we will be letting the likes of Smith, Lovenkrands etc. go so Perch might yet stay purely for squad depth reasons :undecided:

On what grounds?

Just my personal opinion, if we want to improve then we can't rely on the likes of Perch really although having said that we will be letting the likes of Smith, Lovenkrands etc. go so Perch might yet stay purely for squad depth reasons :undecided:

Oh right, so because you're of the opinion that he's not good enough to start then you 'expect' the club to get rid of him?

I suspect, as you later pointed out, that he'll continue to get time as a squad player and we'll keep him for next season  (unless another team is actively recruiting our cast-offs).

Is there a reason why you don't want us to have a squad? We can't have 25 first-choice players.

Squad depth is important, it's just that we can probably do better than Perch in terms of a squad player. "Expecting" him to be sold was probably the wrong phrase to use. In any case, can't see him staying beyond his current contract.

I think he had 3 difficult situations to deal with (chasing Routledge down the wing, I think or it could have been Sinclair), putting a header back to Krul under a lot of pressure and putting in a really important block in the first half. He also did the basic well when required.