James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He'll keep his place and quite rightly. Good positionally, strong, much more aggressive and assertive than Simpson as well as better defending set pieces. No idea how he's improved so much this season.

Well do we need to buy a RB if plays like that on a regular basis.

Id say yes. Perch has played well at fullback and DM this season, but id be worried with only 1 quality fullback plus Perch. One injury away from having Simpson back in the team.

Guest bimpy474

Id say yes. Perch has played well at fullback and DM this season, but id be worried with only 1 quality fullback plus Perch. One injury away from having Simpson back in the team.

I meant Perch plus one, not Simpson but buy either a cover or first choice, this lad is slowly deserving of a first team spot as the first choice imo, but he has to consistent and tbf he has been when called upon.

Yeah. Perch is a perfect utility player. Get someone that only plays RB and slot him in. Then unleash Perch when teams cross the line.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah. Perch is a perfect utility player. Get someone that only plays RB and slot him in. Then unleash Perch when teams cross the line.

Agreed ;)

We still need a new full back. Perch is the perfect "squad player" imo. He's what O'Shea was for Man Utd a couple of years ago. Able to play CB, full back and in the middle. Not an amazing footballer, but solid enough to step in when injuries occur, which is perfect for a club in Europe as we will be playing extra games.

Santon and a new full back for the 1st team - Then Perch as first choice cover then the likes of Tavernier, Raylor and Ferguson if desperate.

Guest MrSundlofer

His decision making was magnificent today. Absolutely brilliant. Knows when to pass, and not. A very clever player... and cool.

I apologise for everything I said about him up until after the Norwich game.

Pardew did well by bringing him on for ten minutes here and there and his confidence looks like it's grown and he has become an asset to the squad.  Another excellent performance tonight.  His improvement is one of the highlights of the year for me.

Guest palnese

Looks a proper footballer in every aspect of the game.

Can't believe this is the same man that got torn a new one every weekend at start of last season

Where does he rank now? (could do with a poll).

I would say not quite a first choice player but a very solid squad player, the type who can come on and you aren't remotely concerned.