James Perch

BeloEmre

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/04/newcastle-united-papiss-cisse-manchester-city?

James Perch, too, could play a vital role tomorrow. A regular substitute this season, the former Nottingham Forest defender has impressed whenever he has been called on to serve as an understudy in assorted positions including central defence, left-back, right-back and in central midfield.

With Danny Simpson struggling to be fit to operate at right-back the man dubbed "Perchino" by Newcastle fans is likely to start against City on Sunday. "When he's in the dressing room before playing you'd think James is just getting ready to go out for a pizza," said Pardew who has performed wonders to improve individuals such as Perch, Mike Williamson and Ryan Taylor almost beyond recognition.

"He doesn't get too fazed by anything, it doesn't matter whether I tell him 'today it's right-back' or 'it's left-back'. He just crosses his legs and has a cup of tea. He doesn't put any pressure on himself which comes from confidence in his own ability. Coming here from Nottingham Forest James did not get instant respect. He had to earn it but he's now at the top of his game."

:lol: Loving Perchinio's style!

Here to post the same quote :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/04/newcastle-united-papiss-cisse-manchester-city?

James Perch, too, could play a vital role tomorrow. A regular substitute this season, the former Nottingham Forest defender has impressed whenever he has been called on to serve as an understudy in assorted positions including central defence, left-back, right-back and in central midfield.

With Danny Simpson struggling to be fit to operate at right-back the man dubbed "Perchino" by Newcastle fans is likely to start against City on Sunday. "When he's in the dressing room before playing you'd think James is just getting ready to go out for a pizza," said Pardew who has performed wonders to improve individuals such as Perch, Mike Williamson and Ryan Taylor almost beyond recognition.

"He doesn't get too fazed by anything, it doesn't matter whether I tell him 'today it's right-back' or 'it's left-back'. He just crosses his legs and has a cup of tea. He doesn't put any pressure on himself which comes from confidence in his own ability. Coming here from Nottingham Forest James did not get instant respect. He had to earn it but he's now at the top of his game."

Here to post the same quote :lol:

awsoooooooooooooooooooooooome :pimp:

class.perch for england!

Guest je85

Looks for the short pass before the more direct ball. That's the crucial difference at right back to Simpson.

Him, Ryan Taylor and Shola all look like brilliant squad players now. Got to hand it too Pardew, there's no one that he's not getting the best out of.

Guest je85

Him, Ryan Taylor and Shola all look like brilliant squad players now. Got to hand it too Pardew, there's no one that he's not getting the best out of.

http://www.prlog.org/10278164-gabriel-obertan.jpg

Don't think any of them are 'brilliant squad players' like. Perch might just be I suppose, Shola's a good sub option and Raylor looks OK when somebody else does his job for him.

Yeah brilliant is a bit strong. Poor choice of words  :lol:. But the point is that they have a role to play in our squad and are strong at doing it.

And on the note of Obertan, im not sure what more Pardew can do.

Jeez seems tad harsh lol.

Loan (or sell if anyone is sucker enough) Obertan out to championship where he'll get regular play. He's not good enough, but could improve I suppose.

Mark my words, this time next season we will be talking about Obertan for the French national team! Pards will be working his magic on him over the coming months............

in the programme today Colo was doing a Q and A session. Got asked who the best trainer at the club was and said:

"We have a squad who work very hard. But for me it is probably Perchy. He always trains hard and I like the way he trains."