James Perch

BeloEmre

Said a while ago but when he stepped into the premiership he looked a good player but was far too often a second too late in everything he did. He looks like he has made up the difference and times those challenges perfectly.

The pessimist in me expects it all to fall apart but my brain keeps telling me he actually is a good player.

He's becoming one of my favorite players, and i fucking hated him last season, well done son.

Lesson learnt? Seems too easy for players to be hated these days (see Simpson,D)

He's becoming one of my favorite players, and i f***ing hated him last season, well done son.

Lesson learnt? Seems too easy for players to be hated these days (see Simpson,D)

As a fan its hard to not feel a bit aggressive against players who consistently put up bad performances, we've had many of those over the years and it got to the point that we got relegated obviously it'll be hard not be pissed off at players preforming badly for your team.

Our s*** / nothing players are our players of the season. Simple as. Without a squad individuals are nothing and our squad as average as their ability may be, has exceeded everyone's expectations. That is including what I would expect to be their own. James Perch, Mike Williamson, Jonas, Simpson, Raylor - I salute you all, and others. Absolute top men, and professionals. f*** the haters. We are who we are, we're as good as we can be.

We're Newcastle and we deserve to be where we are.

Guest BooBoo

Our s*** / nothing players are our players of the season. Simple as. Without a squad individuals are nothing and our squad as average as their ability may be, has exceeded everyone's expectations. That is including what I would expect to be their own. James Perch, Mike Williamson, Jonas, Simpson, Raylor - I salute you all, and others. Absolute top men, and professionals. f*** the haters. We are who we are, we're as good as we can be.

We're Newcastle and we deserve to be where we are.

Quiet you.

Been saying for a while we needed to drop that useless turd Simpson and try someone else, anyone, on the right.

Perch steps up for the umpteenth time this season. :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

was just saying to a chelsea mate of mine the only two players in that starting XI that would look out of place in a good european side are perch and williamson, both of whom were absolutely fantastic today. as a team we're really coming on leaps and bounds, and as individuals are players are improving loads as well.

Been saying for a while we needed to drop that useless turd Simpson and try someone else, anyone, on the right.

Perch steps up for the umpteenth time this season. :thup:

tbf perch,raylor, guthrie,williamson. none of whom you'd normally have in the first team, have all played a massive part this season.

He's becoming one of my favorite players, and i f***ing hated him last season, well done son.

As a fan its hard to not feel a bit aggressive against players who consistently put up bad performances, we've had many of those over the years and it got to the point that we got relegated obviously it'll be hard not be pissed off at players preforming badly for your team.

I disagree to a point, nothing against passion but sometimes it get a bit pathetic.

Definitely not the time to get into it though, just me being a dick :)

Great fucking result!

For all the players who have shone this season, Ba, Cisse, HBA, Cabaye, Jonas, Colo and Saylor, Perch is the most satisfying for me. To see someone go from looking like they'd be lucky getting games in the championship to a defender who in my opinion has top 6 quality written all over him is frankly incredible. Love this lad now

We have a squad that cares now, that's the difference. Hating someone because of their lack of ability isn't fair. Hating someone because of their lack of effort is. That's the difference. Sign me 11 Perch's and 0 Owen's and I'll be happier, put it that way.

I can't get over how brilliant he's been when needed this season. After last season and his yellow card collecting record-breaking attempt I fully expected him to be gone in the summer. Well done Perch. :thup:

He has made such a remarkable improvement this year, excellent progression. I take back all the bad things I've said about him (reservations about him playing CB/in defence and all that), it's clear now that Perchy is a vital member of this squad. He's proven me (and a lot of others) wrong and all you can say is fair play to him.

He can do a job almost anywhere on the pitch and he hasn't let us down this season. He's getting close to cult hero status.

Guest Tyson

Fair play to him.

When measuring improvement & progression over the last year and a bit, in the top flight. Placing Perch alongside Simpson, is like comparing jam with yeast extract on bread. One just doesn't appeal.

Stronger, quicker and better in the air than Simpson. More assured in the tackle. I think he's probably more comfortable with the ball than Simpson too. Should be Perch's position to lose now. Just thought he was great defensively last night.