Dan Gosling

Dave

He's only out until around November, he should get 3-4 months of football.

Do we ever learn?

Based on other players coming back from a sort of injury that involves a missed preseason, and out until late Autumn, we wont see him playing well until April at the earliest unfortunately.

He's a good player though, if he stays fit afterwards, he will be great for us in two seasons time if he hasn't decided to leave if we got relegated or something!

He a talented twenty year old on a free transfer. I don't think one injury is any reason to pass this up.

He's worth signing, but we need to get someone else as well as its no good if it is just him. Then again he's not worth signing if we dont get someone else because of wages.

Iv just been inside Goodison as my work took me there. And i cant say where i was or who i spoke to. But i asked about whats gone on over Gosling. So we spoke for a bit and this is what i got.

Gosling has left, he has gone. Not in FF or at Everton any more. The Club are very pissed off about what has happened as a Contract had been agreed and his Agent had said he Would DEFIANTLY sign it. Apparently they said there was no need for a written offer as there's no way he would leave Everton. So Apparently Moyes, Kenwrong and Elstone were happy as they thought his word was fine. Plus this is what happened with Rooney & Rodwell & other youngsters and they all signed there's. So there was no reason to be suspicious.

I find it very hard to believe that Everton relied on the word of an agent when it came to dealing with Rooney and Rodwell. With either player, they'd have stood to lose £20 million plus. They're not that stupid, surely.

I suspect they were a bit slow in getting the paperwork out to Gosling, because they didn't consider him that important a player, or they wanted to see how his injury was progressing before committing themselves.

Iv just been inside Goodison as my work took me there. And i cant say where i was or who i spoke to. But i asked about whats gone on over Gosling. So we spoke for a bit and this is what i got.

Gosling has left, he has gone. Not in FF or at Everton any more. The Club are very pissed off about what has happened as a Contract had been agreed and his Agent had said he Would DEFIANTLY sign it. Apparently they said there was no need for a written offer as there's no way he would leave Everton. So Apparently Moyes, Kenwrong and Elstone were happy as they thought his word was fine. Plus this is what happened with Rooney & Rodwell & other youngsters and they all signed there's. So there was no reason to be suspicious.

I find it very hard to believe that Everton relied on the word of an agent when it came to dealing with Rooney and Rodwell. With either player, they'd have stood to lose £20 million plus. They're not that stupid, surely.

I suspect they were a bit slow in getting the paperwork out to Gosling, because they didn't consider him that important a player, or they wanted to see how his injury was progressing before committing themselves.

Stu, Cronky has just pointed out the holes I was referring to.  Another hole in the "they offered him a contract" argument is that once it became clear they'd fucked up they presumably had the chance to offer him improved terms before he signed for us and either didn't match us or didn't bother.

I hope the Everton fans are bitter and Everton themselves are just quiet due to embarrassment over it but I fear it may be either (a) they just weren't that bothered when it came to it or (b) they wouldn't offer more terms to keep him without seeing his recovery.

Neither are beyond the realms of possibility.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/103034067.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E609DACD52C089E70C56F9177CB5731AA973CBAD6A336B514B

Just looks like some gonk walking past "Mate, could you move out the way please?  I'm trying to take a photo of the crest. Cheers."

Stu, Cronky has just pointed out the holes I was referring to.  Another hole in the "they offered him a contract" argument is that once it became clear they'd f***ed up they presumably had the chance to offer him improved terms before he signed for us and either didn't match us or didn't bother.

I hope the Everton fans are bitter and Everton themselves are just quiet due to embarrassment over it but I fear it may be either (a) they just weren't that bothered when it came to it or (b) they wouldn't offer more terms to keep him without seeing his recovery.

Fans are bitter that he's gone for nothing but that's not the reason why he isn't rated.

I could dig up plenty of posts from months ago on bluekipper slating him.

Stu, Cronky has just pointed out the holes I was referring to.  Another hole in the "they offered him a contract" argument is that once it became clear they'd f***ed up they presumably had the chance to offer him improved terms before he signed for us and either didn't match us or didn't bother.

Fans are bitter that he's gone for nothing but that's not the reason why he isn't rated.

I could dig up plenty of posts from months ago on bluekipper slating him.

I guess you could also dig up posts saying postive as well.

At the end of the day,he's a young lad still finding his feet in the game.He could turn out to be a gem but if he only becomes an average Prem player,what's it cost us.

I think with a bit of experience and filling out a bit and he'll be an excellent acquisition.

Very good signing and kudos for Hughton for getting the lad. :)

Not expecting the earth from him but if he's got a working pair of legs then he's already above Smith in the pecking order. A bit of graft in the middle of the park and him getting from box to box for the full 90 will be like a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to seeing him play. :)

Worth a gander. I just hope our fans are patient with him: among certain sections, if he's not outperforming Essien by Xmas, his goose'll be cooked. Um. Toon Goose Crazy For New Signing? Goose-step: Gosling walks out as first summer signing? Fuck off, then.

Basically from what the everton fans have said he isn't that great but he can run all day, get into decent positions and shoot which unfortunately makes him sound better than anything we have got. As midds said, energy in the centre of the park has become an alien concept and has been one of our biggest problems for a while now.

lol an Everton fan emailed in talksport this afternoon saying Everton had been 'quite cute' holding off on offering him a contract coz they reckon his knee injury is worse than first expected.

What a plank

So if we tell you he's great, we're lying, but if he's shite, we're just bitter? :lol:

Average player who might go on to better things with some solid coaching but I really can't see him being much more than a mid-table PL player. The more games he gets, the better I guess.

Good luck to the lad, despite the debacle surrounding it.

:fwap: :fwap:

Guest malandro

We're gatting a £3-4 million rated player for nowt, how can that be anything but fantastic? Even if he only manages a few games we could sell him on for a tidy profit.

Wrong. If he only plays a few games another club won’t match his wages and we’ll be stuck with him until his four year contract expires.

We’ll have to wait and see. I doubt any of us have seen enough of this lad (or know enough about the extent of his injury) to draw any conclusions. He may turn out to be good or he might not.  There’s always a steady stream of promising youngsters about, very few of them fulfil expectations. Just because he’s young, free (and single) doesn’t automatically make him a good signing.

So if we tell you he's great, we're lying, but if he's shite, we're just bitter? :lol:

Average player who might go on to better things with some solid coaching but I really can't see him being much more than a mid-table PL player. The more games he gets, the better I guess.

Good luck to the lad, despite the debacle surrounding it.

:fwap: :fwap:

Sadly true :lol:

We're gatting a £3-4 million rated player for nowt, how can that be anything but fantastic? Even if he only manages a few games we could sell him on for a tidy profit.

Wrong. If he only plays a few games another club wont match his wages and well be stuck with him until his four year contract expires.

Well have to wait and see. I doubt any of us have seen enough of this lad (or know enough about the extent of his injury) to draw any conclusions. He may turn out to be good or he might not.  Theres always a steady stream of promising youngsters about, very few of them fulfil expectations. Just because hes young, free (and single) doesnt automatically make him a good signing.

You're right, what the fuck are the club thinking? :doh:

Guest malandro

Wrong. If he only plays a few games another club wont match his wages and well be stuck with him until his four year contract expires.

Well have to wait and see. I doubt any of us have seen enough of this lad (or know enough about the extent of his injury) to draw any conclusions. He may turn out to be good or he might not.  Theres always a steady stream of promising youngsters about, very few of them fulfil expectations. Just because hes young, free (and single) doesnt automatically make him a good signing.

You're right, what the f*** are the club thinking? :doh:

Money.

Is he left or right footed?

Guest malandro

Right.

Is he good in the air? What kind of runs does he make? Is he a good tackler? What’s his temperament like? Can he see a pass? Which part of his game does he need to work on?

These are the kind of things that matter, not how old and cheap he is?