Dan Gosling

Dave

anyone else think he looks like simon from the inbetweeners?

Just searched for him on Wiki. Never knew the bloke who played him was nearly 30!

standard practise for more or less anyone playing youngsters on the tele.

• 2 weeks later...

Suffered a setback, probably out for the rest of the season.

Great signing.

He cost nothing, we hadn't exactly built our whole game plan around him, so what if he can't play for a while? Post this again in two years time and maybe we can have a sensible conversation about him.

Great signing.

He cost nothing, we hadn't exactly built our whole game plan around him, so what if he can't play for a while? Post this again in two years time and maybe we can have a sensible conversation about him.

He cost nothing? Mike Ashley's regime has been fairly vocal about factoring in wages when it comes to money spent on players, so unless Gosling has been unpaid this season I'd say there's already been a significant outlay. Hopefully he'll turn out to be a player worth all this time and expense.

I doubt it's much expense in the grand scheme of things. Have we just resigned to moaning about everything now?

Moaning, bitterness and negativity are at an all time high. It's making the board pretty unreadable tbh.

Great signing.

He cost nothing? Mike Ashley's regime has been fairly vocal about factoring in wages when it comes to money spent on players, so unless Gosling has been unpaid this season I'd say there's already been a significant outlay. Hopefully he'll turn out to be a player worth all this time and expense.

My apologies. He cost us a wage, as have any number of players who have taken a while to prove their worth - Enrique, Nolan, Barton, Colo all had less then promising starts here, The point I was making was  that they all cost us a transfer fee, and Gosling didn't.

I doubt it's much expense in the grand scheme of things. Have we just resigned to moaning about everything now?

I don't really know much about Gosling which is why I added the proviso "Hopefully he'll turn out to be a player worth all this time and expense". We took a similar chance on Ireland but for me he's a special talent worth taking a punt on. Maybe Gosling is as well, I'm not in a position to say as I've not seen him play.

Great signing.

My apologies. He cost us a wage, as have any number of players who have taken a while to prove their worth - Enrique, Nolan, Barton, Colo all had less then promising starts here, The point I was making was  that they all cost us a transfer fee, and Gosling didn't.

Good players tend to command transfer fees. I'm not saying Gosling isn't a good player but just because they are free doesn't necessarily make them the right player to sign.

Worst case scenario, he is out for the season and is on thirty grand a week.

That's about one and a half million pounds. Add another million for a signing on fee so we have just signed a young midfielder who is fairly highly rated in the game for two and a half million.

Not exactly the worst signing we have ever made.