Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest WashyGeordie

"Stronger than he's ever been". Pardew.

If that means anything.

"Like a new signing" etc etc... aka. Nolan's replacement.

If that means anything.

Funnily enough the Scouse Mackem at work said he had a nack of 'being in the right place at the right time' and I thought of Nolan :lol:. He didn't have much else positive to say about him though other than that they should never have lost him for free.

If that means anything.

Funnily enough the Scouse Mackem at work said he had a nack of 'being in the right place at the right time' and I thought of Nolan :lol:. He didn't have much else positive to say about him though other than that they should never have lost him for free.

Can't really add much more to that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest taps01

After last night's performance a possible replacement for Barfa just off the lone front man (Ba)? Especially away from home?

I reckon he is going to have a big part to play this season.

I don't think he has the pace to play there. He'll do perfectly fine in the center, he can use his size to his advantage a lot more there, too.

Nolan never had the pace to play there either and he done alright arriving late in the box (well he couldn't arrive early coud he!)

Of the little i've seen this pre-season, i'd rather take a punt on Vuckic or Abeid at this moment in time. Gosling looked to be pretty involved last night but, by all accounts, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo - he's not an attacking player is he? Vuckic, on the other hand, buried an absolute pearler and had a real 'late-arriver'/Nolan-type goal chalked off against Orlando. If he's not going out on loan, get him in the side. I'd sooner see him than have to put up with Lovenkrands or Shola.

Of the little i've seen this pre-season, i'd rather take a punt on Vuckic or Abeid at this moment in time. Gosling looked to be pretty involved last night but, by all accounts, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo - he's not an attacking player is he? Vuckic, on the other hand, buried an absolute pearler and had a real 'late-arriver'/Nolan-type goal chalked off against Orlando. If he's not going out on loan, get him in the side. I'd sooner see him than have to put up with Lovenkrands or Shola.

Sure his form in front of goal will improve.  He has been out for ages after all.

It probably will but like i say, he's never been a particularly potent player has he? Vuckic plays an attacking role and has demonstrated in consecutive games that he can find the net. If we're looking to play somebody off Ba, and Erdinc hasn't arrived, i'd have no hesitation throwing Vuckic in at the deep end.

In fairness to Gosling, he really looks like he's got himself in shape since being injured - looks like an absolute beast in some of the training photos. It's very easy to see Gosling as a 'new signing' but for good reason; he looks to have that predator-like knack around goal that Nolan had but with more muscle and a better engine. I think he'll have a big role next season as well.