Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest BooBoo

Barton played Loven in for the goal and it was a tidy pass but he was generally off the pace and sluggish. Needs to be put through a fitness program as do many of our players.

The irony of Fabregash using the poofter smilie.

I thought me using it would show the extremity of his poofishness.

The extremity of poofishness is explored every time you start a thread about women (or any other subject) in General Chat. We don't need it spilling out into the footie talk.

Fancy a bum?

No, i've seen you in the mugs thread.  :dowie:

The extremity of poofishness is explored every time you start a thread about women (or any other subject) in General Chat. We don't need it spilling out into the footie talk.

Who threw you a nut anyway?

I've also seen a picture of you and you LOOK like one of the biggest benders i have seen in my life, better to like Desperate Housewives than look like you're batting for Yorkshire.

Fancy a bum?

No, i've seen you in the mugs thread.  :dowie:

Who threw you a nut anyway?

I've also seen a picture of you and you LOOK like one of the biggest benders i have seen in my life, better to like Desperate Housewives than look like you're batting for Yorkshire.

We're top of the County Championship I'll have you know :lol:

Ronaldo could basically batter the fuck out of Ash in the middle of Nando's and he still wouldn't be barred, on account of him contributing roughly 20% of their total sales in England.

Guest BooBoo

I always imagine Ron as the bizarre love child of Macho Man Randy Savage and Talksports Adrian Durham.

How long can someone go without having a good game before people realise he's not our best midfielder at all? On that basis we should resign Butt.

Utter nonsense

How is it utter nonsense? I can count on one hand the number of good games Barton's had for NUFC. He's still living off a decent season with Man City about five years ago, he even looked s*** in the CCC. No player I've ever known has got away with being s*** for so long - his reputation has actually been enhanced by being constantly injured or banged up ffs.

I'm not looking to get into a big debate over Barton but to say he looked s*** in the CCC is something I can't agree with. He was played well as a sub v WBA on the opening day, had a good game v Reading, played a few games with a broken foot and was then out for months. On his return, he played his way in a bit at first but finished really strongly v Peterborough, Plymouth and QPR despite playing wide left in a few games.

Really? God I thought he was miserably poor. He gets caught in possession so often.

think it was plymouth at home i'm convinced barton was deliberatly giving the ball to them to try and get a move. his performnaces in the early part of the championship were disgraceful.

How long can someone go without having a good game before people realise he's not our best midfielder at all? On that basis we should resign Butt.

Utter nonsense

How is it utter nonsense? I can count on one hand the number of good games Barton's had for NUFC. He's still living off a decent season with Man City about five years ago, he even looked s*** in the CCC. No player I've ever known has got away with being s*** for so long - his reputation has actually been enhanced by being constantly injured or banged up ffs.

I'm not looking to get into a big debate over Barton but to say he looked s*** in the CCC is something I can't agree with. He was played well as a sub v WBA on the opening day, had a good game v Reading, played a few games with a broken foot and was then out for months. On his return, he played his way in a bit at first but finished really strongly v Peterborough, Plymouth and QPR despite playing wide left in a few games.

Really? God I thought he was miserably poor. He gets caught in possession so often.

think it was plymouth at home i'm convinced barton was deliberatly giving the ball to them to try and get a move. his performnaces in the early part of the championship were disgraceful.

I don't disagree, but a few of them were tbh. 

Jonas would be another good example, looked desperate to be away for the first few months, possibly until he realised he wasn't getting away & needed to put the effort in to stay in the World Cup squad.  His attitude those first few months was shocking.

Guest kingdawson

Where's captain saveagay DJMattis when you need him? he was apparently disgusted at me claiming Ash looked like a raging homo in his pic so he's not going to like this much.

Guest Heneage

Where's captain saveagay DJMattis when you need him? he was apparently disgusted at me claiming Ash looked like a raging homo in his pic so he's not going to like this much.

I love Mattis, but Ash is as camp as a row of Butlins tents.

Guest Schmocky

Utter nonsense

I don't disagree, but a few of them were tbh. 

Jonas would be another good example, looked desperate to be away for the first few months, possibly until he realised he wasn't getting away & needed to put the effort in to stay in the World Cup squad.  His attitude those first few months was shocking.

Think it was them also thinking that they were better then most in championship and wouldn't have to try to win, then they found out that they had to play to get out of the shit.

Barton was just trying to do to much at the start after an injury and played out of position a few times. He kept looking for through balls and ended up just passing it right to the opposition. Jonas was fine the entire season imo.

Agree with those saying Bartons probably our best midfielder. Think hes a lot better than Guthrie defensively. Their passing styles should complement eachother well though. Guthrie mainly getting assists from crossing/chipping the ball over defences, while Barton just slides it through them.

Guest kingdawson

Isnt that just the general Norf Laandan look?   :razz:

It's more the Soho look tbh. I'm not from North but if he was to ever wear those clothes around Tottenham/Edmonton/Wood Green ect ect i'm pretty sure there would be problems.

Barton was just trying to do to much at the start after an injury and played out of position a few times. He kept looking for through balls and ended up just passing it right to the opposition. Jonas was fine the entire season imo.

Agree with those saying Bartons probably our best midfielder. Think hes a lot better than Guthrie defensively. Their passing styles should complement eachother well though. Guthrie mainly getting assists from crossing/chipping the ball over defences, while Barton just slides it through them.

based on what he done at man city 4 yrs ago.

which other players are allowed to go so long and still be cut so much slack ?

Barton over Guthrie any day of the week for me like. Saying that though we don't know if Barton still has the engine he had pre-injuries or whether they'll have taken a toll on his ability to get up and down the pitch. They're both pretty weak (Guthrie more so) but at least Barton can mask this by putting more of a foot in than Guthrie does.

We're asking for relegation if both play in CM together like, not that they will unless Smith and Nolan are out.