Dan Gosling

Dave

When will people ever learn with Barton?  He's played less than 50 games in 3 years and is a massive twat. 

Always amazes me how readily people think they can depend on him.

He's been a massive twat, yes. From memory though, since he said way back last year that he'd changed and that he'd give his all at Newcastle I don't recall reading a bad word about him.

If he played for anybody else he'd be the biggest cunt in football but he plays for us so I'm more inclined to give him a break.

I'm not arsed if he's managed not to be a bell end for 12 months.  In that time he's hardly played.  I'd love to get rid of him tbh.

When will people ever learn with Barton?  He's played less than 50 games in 3 years and is a massive t***. 

He's been a massive t***, yes. From memory though, since he said way back last year that he'd changed and that he'd give his all at Newcastle I don't recall reading a bad word about him.

If he played for anybody else he'd be the biggest c*** in football but he plays for us so I'm more inclined to give him a break.

I'm not arsed if he's managed not to be a bell end for 12 months.  In that time he's hardly played.  I'd love to get rid of him tbh.

doubt anyone would take him without us subsiding the move massivly so trying to get a fit season out of him may be best all round.

When will people ever learn with Barton?  He's played less than 50 games in 3 years and is a massive twat. 

He's been a massive twat, yes. From memory though, since he said way back last year that he'd changed and that he'd give his all at Newcastle I don't recall reading a bad word about him.

If he played for anybody else he'd be the biggest cunt in football but he plays for us so I'm more inclined to give him a break.

If he gets himself fit and stays out of trouble he could be a good player for us.

I'm hopeful, not expectant.

If he gets himself fit and stays out of trouble he could be a good player for us.

Barton is our best midfielder by a mile, assuming he can actually play some games.

Barton is our best midfielder by a mile, assuming he can actually play some games.

Which is an absolutely mental assumption with his track record, this is what I'm getting at.  At the moment he looks like a crock to me.

Would love to proven wrong and to see him do something to (partly) justify his massive wages.

When will people ever learn with Barton?  He's played less than 50 games in 3 years and is a massive t***. 

He's been a massive t***, yes. From memory though, since he said way back last year that he'd changed and that he'd give his all at Newcastle I don't recall reading a bad word about him.

If he played for anybody else he'd be the biggest c*** in football but he plays for us so I'm more inclined to give him a break.

Which is an absolutely mental assumption with his track record, this is what I'm getting at.  At the moment he looks like a crock to me.

Would love to proven wrong and to see him do something to (partly) justify his massive wages.

Played some cracking through balls at the end of last season.

Thats about it.

How long can someone go without having a good game before people realise he's not our best midfielder at all? On that basis we should resign Butt.

If we're talking natural talent then he is.

It's down to him and Chris to get the best out of him on the pitch but as far as natural talent goes he is the best we have.

Agreed.

Barton has so much to prove, more than anyone at the club imo.

How long can someone go without having a good game before people realise he's not our best midfielder at all? On that basis we should resign Butt.

If we're talking natural talent then he is.

It's down to him and Chris to get the best out of him on the pitch but as far as natural talent goes he is the best we have.

:nope:

Guthrie ftw.

Watched the season review last night, that pass away to Plymouth for Routledge, that is what he Barton can do. The others simply don't have it in their locker, he's got the potential to be our best midfielder. He really needs to stay injury free this season though or it will be curtains for him here.

Watched the season review last night, that pass away to Plymouth for Routledge, that is what he Barton can do. The others simply don't have it in their locker, he's got the potential to be our best midfielder. He really needs to stay injury free this season though or it will be curtains for him here.

Agreed. It seems strange to say that the potential is still there, after all this time, but it's true. Unfortunately so is the track record.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Definitely Guthrie tbh

Based on what?

Guthrie is talented in some areas and severely deprived of talent in others.

Isn't every footballer?  :facepalm:

Definitely Guthrie tbh

Based on what?

Guthrie is talented in some areas and severely deprived of talent in others.

Isn't every footballer? :facepalm:

Exactly, Messi's deprived in the heading area. Does that make him not the best?

Saying that, he scored that cracker against Manure

Utter nonsense