Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Getting the feeling with every passing hour that the title of this thread is here to stay until ' Gosling Sign new Everton Contract until 2015 ' in about a week.

need to act faster!

Hands are tied for a few more days until the deadline for Everton appealing has passed/Everton make an appeal. As far as anyone is concerned its all a done deal, but has been put on hold in case an appeal is launched.

Lock.

This.

Thread.

for the best until something happens which wont for another week or so

Just don't fuking post in it then FFS. If anything major happens it will be in the thread title 5 mins afterwards.  :lol:

Guest orang

Reguarding the Dan Gosling signing, I for one won't be happy if he signs. I live in Birkenhead, near liverpool and my dad is an Evertonian. I watched almost every Everton game last season and Gosling, when he played wasnt up to scratch imo. He  scored a couple of good goals but hes slow, has a poor cross, cant tackle, and doesnt really track back. This could be down to his youth but, a good player at the age of 21 should have better ability at this time.

If all that is true you would have to wonder what Hughton see's in him? A free transfer isn't good business if he's no better than we already have. It will be interesting to see whether Hughton has a better eye for a player than your average Joe Bloggs (BB version).

...and David Moyes.

Everton clearly didn't want to let him go and he did generally seem to be in and around the first team at Goodison when fit, not bad going when you consider some of the players Everton have at their disposal.

If Everton saw something in him well that's good enough for me like.

He was nothing more than a sub when he was fit (unless there were other injuries). Gosling is really slow and hasn't got much ability on the ball. The two positives to his game I'll give him are that he tries hard and has a bit of a knack for getting into goalscoring positions.

Maybe managers see something else in him that we don't but I'd be surprised if he ended up amounting to much.

I couldn't care less that he's gone in a footballing sense but the way he's done it rankles a bit.

I don't know what is your problem.  What way has he done it?  It's Everton F.C's own fault that lead to their player being released.

I mean a verbal agreement?  Since when did you mortgaged a house by not signing any papers.

If Everton FC is stupid enough to make such a school boy mistake then you should be more rankled by how that club is being run before you start questioning the player's integrity.

I think you'll find that verbal agreements are extremely common in football.  Although EFC were wrong technically they never thought the player would actively seek a move, especially when recovering from a serious injury.

It's a shame we won't get a fee and the lads been a bit of a cock but fair play to him if he wants to go. 

I was playing on the generalisation of 'bitter' given, particularly when there is in fact a lack of bitterness in the 3 mini-articles thus far, and some quite accurate assessments.

To be honest, I'd agree that none of them are excessively bitter (especially the first one which is very fair), considering what's happened.  That second one is a bit cringeworthy though :lol:

To be honest, I'd agree that none of them are excessively bitter, considering what's happened.  That second one is a bit cringeworthy though :lol:

The comment mentioned by TT made me cringe, I won't lie. :blush:

The club (and fans from what I've seen on forums) wanted to keep him and rated him at around £4m so of course its going to matter to them despite him only being a squad player at the moment.  He's only 20 and can still improve after all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

"divorced himself from the family and Peoples Club."

What a massive massive cunt.  :lol:

When did Dwayne Johnson become Everton Chairman?

http://images.mmosite.com/bbs/upload//2007/10/01/1191231594.jpg

Guest Stephen927

It isn't the fact they're losing him that has got Everton fans pissed off, it's more that he's leaving without a fee. Considering they have to work with a tight transfer budget, I'd be pissed off with Gosling too.

I still can't help but think everything we have been told by the resident evertonions is exactly what would have been said on here if Villa fans came and asked about milner when he signed.

The only thing that concerns me is that the Evertonians are all saying he is slow and lacks flair. You would like to think he has one of the two, like for instance Guthrie, who might not be quick but has some ability on the ball. However at the same time they seem to think they should be getting £3-5m for him which would suggest there's more to his game than they care to admit.

Guest BooBoo

Hughton gave a no comment when asked about Gosling according to this mornings Journal. Also denied interest in that Romanian striker and fella from Sporting Lisbon.

I still can't help but think everything we have been told by the resident evertonions is exactly what would have been said on here if Villa fans came and asked about milner when he signed.

The only thing that concerns me is that the Evertonians are all saying he is slow and lacks flair. You would like to think he has one of the two, like for instance Guthrie, who might not be quick but has some ability on the ball. However at the same time they seem to think they should be getting £3-5m for him which would suggest there's more to his game than they care to admit.

interesting comparison(s) with milner, eerily the same for me - flourished with quality coaching

lucky we have that in abundance for gosling isn't it?

It isn't the fact they're losing him that has got Everton fans pissed off, it's more that he's leaving without a fee. Considering they have to work with a tight transfer budget, I'd be pissed off with Gosling too.

It's Kenwright, Moyes and co that they should be pissed off with for a cock up like that.