Dan Gosling

Dave

Depends who you mean by The Socrates but I'm referring to the Brazilian legend not the Greek philosopher. Trained doctor and political activist.

Yup, Socrates the Brazilian is almost as wise as Socrates the Greek - a deep thinker not just about the game but Brazilian politics and society. Naturally, the powers that be despise him, but he is a very admirable man (and was quite a player in his day)

Depends who you mean by The Socrates but I'm referring to the Brazilian legend not the Greek philosopher. Trained doctor and political activist.

Yup, Socrates the Brazilian is almost as wise as Socrates the Greek - a deep thinker not just about the game but Brazilian politics and society. Naturally, the powers that be despise him, but he is a very admirable man (and was quite a player in his day)

I seem to remember him smoking about 40 a day too. Not that that has any bearing on his intelligence.

Good to see him back on the pitch but with that brief cameo, I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed. Understandably he would be rusty, but still disappointed. Quite slow and unable to retain possession. Nonetheless, more game time will suffice.

Good to see him back on the pitch but with that brief cameo, I have to admit, I wasn't that impressed. Understandably he would be rusty, but still disappointed. Quite slow and unable to retain possession. Nonetheless, more game time will suffice.

Thought the opposite tbh.

Haha, you taking the piss?

I dont want to stir up any shit here, but IMO he made a mistake in coming inside to close down Henderson leaving Bardsley wide open to take that shot at the end. Cant really blame the goal on him though, horrible luck.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:lol:

Coming back from the injury he had he's only going to get better, so can't really judge him based on a few minutes. I look forward to seeing how he develops in the future, but have no expectations on him for this season.

If he's shit this season, I'll accept the situation and then I'll wait to see what he is like next season after getting a good pre-season and run of games under his belt.

If that ignorant bastard Webb had given us a clear throw in when Gosling went down the left, we'd have won that match. Probably still thinking about the fuck up he made of the World Cup final, prick.

If that ignorant bastard Webb had given us a clear throw in when Gosling went down the left, we'd have won that match. Probably still thinking about the fuck up he made of the World Cup final, prick.

Haha, I forgot about that in the disappointment. Clearly our throw.

webb did that 4 or 5 times to us. some mental decisions from him.

oh, and the mackems should've had quite a few bookings. god knows why webb let them off but gave barton a pathetic yellow.

This is a fucking wind up surely?

I dont want to stir up any shit here, but IMO he made a mistake in coming inside to close down Henderson leaving Bardsley wide open to take that shot at the end. Cant really blame the goal on him though, horrible luck.

That may be true, but I wonder how many times he's played as a left midfielder?

He's a centre midfielder by trade, instinct kicked in and he came inside. At that stage of the game why wasn't Lovenkrands tracking back with the right fullback? Or why did Pardew take off Jonas - who was running the ball from out of our defensive third - in the first place?

Harsh to put too much blame on Gosling - but then again, the result was very harsh :(

This is a fucking wind up surely?

He did give away the ball really cheaply at the end, which led to the counterattack they scored from.

This is a f***ing wind up surely?

He did give away the ball really cheaply at the end, which led to the counterattack they scored from.

Saying someone is slow and is unable to retain possesion from a 10 minutes sub appearance after 6/7 months out is barmy.