Dan Gosling

Dave

Can't believe there is talk of swapping him or that he isn't good enough already. What's he played? 3 games for us?

sums this place up at the minute.

In pre-season the one pass he made was amazing, this place labelled him the next _______. Few bad games, he is S***

sums this place up perfectly

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure Pardew fancies him either, mind you, no chance of getting in our first team at the moment.

He's played at right back before hasn't he? But then i suspect Pardew would choose Perch and Ryan Taylor before Gosling.

On Guthrie, his passing ability is fairly good, very little wrong with his technique either but his engine/pace is woeful and prevents him being an impact on the game. I actually think he is given too much of a hard time by Newcastle fans, although in reality he has no serious future at the club.

He's been pretty ordinary so far. So has Rodwell tbf.

Barkley however looks a fantastic prospect. Would love to see us try for him, he'd be worth the investment if that's what the board are looking for. Going to be a great player injuries and distractions permitting. With Everton tight for cash would love to see us offer them a wad and throw in Guthrie & Gosling as well. Barkley would do more on the pitch than those put together anyway!

First new post took me to this one.

What planet are you living on? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I find it strange that he (pards) hasn't mentioned him in a while and that he hasn't even made the match day squads.

He was supposedly shitt hot in pre-season, can't have become so bad in such a short time?????

Guest Howaythetoon

I've heard a few worrying things about his fitness levels like. I've not really seen much of the lad but my brother in law spent a while working at Goodison and said Gosling was a box to box player who would get goals, not the quickest nor the most skilful but a hard working box to box man. Not sure we have room for that type of player in our side to be honest, i.e. another Nolan. Still he's young and has had a terrible year or so with injuries. Players like that need games to get to speed and confidence. I'd loan him out personally.

I find it strange that he (pards) hasn't mentioned him in a while and that he hasn't even made the match day squads.

He was supposedly shitt hot in pre-season, can't have become so bad in such a short time?????

He was rubbish against Forest mind. Maybe he's not able to get into the squad and has got disillusioned and wants to be loaned out. Can't blame Pards for not being impressed if he's played poorly when given the chance.

I've heard a few worrying things about his fitness levels like. I've not really seen much of the lad but my brother in law spent a while working at Goodison and said Gosling was a box to box player who would get goals, not the quickest nor the most skilful but a hard working box to box man. Not sure we have room for that type of player in our side to be honest, i.e. another Nolan. Still he's young and has had a terrible year or so with injuries. Players like that need games to get to speed and confidence. I'd loan him out personally.

Not in he first team squad ahead of Cabaye and Tiote but I can't see why we couldn't use such a player in the squad. From what I remember the Everton fans saying, he wasn't quick but he would pop up everywhere (so a bit different to Nolan in that respect).

I would have thought he'd be a useful option on the bench. He does pop up in goal scoring positions and he can graft a bit as well if needed. I thought we had too many attacking winger types on the bench against Wolves, it doesn't do any harm to have a few different options.

What sort of things about his fitness? As just because he isn't the quickest doesn't necessarily mean his fitness is a concern, especially as by all accounts he's a hard worker on the pitch.

Guest Howaythetoon

What sort of things about his fitness? As just because he isn't the quickest doesn't necessarily mean his fitness is a concern, especially as by all accounts he's a hard worker on the pitch.

Just about his weight and lack of stamina and sharpness. In practice games he puts himself about but in training, at the gym, diet wise, he's not on top of things. Just what I've heard mind, I wouldn't know as I've not see much of the lad even when he was at Everton, couldn't even tell you what he looked like without looking at Google :lol: