Dan Gosling

Dave

I said yesterday that I was worried about his actual football ability, i.e. ball control, retention under pressure, passing ability etc. Yes he can get into goal scoring positions but he's basically shit isn't he?

all he does is run forward. can't stand midfielders like that. plays in the style of lee bowyer but with the finesse of amdy faye.

Even without the through ball for their goal and the brainless tackle, it was evident that he simply lacks the agility, positional discipline, intelligence, composure, quality on the ball and all other possible qualities to ever resemble a good central midfielder. He should prove that he can be relied on consistently in the reserves before getting another chance with the first team.

Couldn't have put it better. I've tried plenty of times though :lol:

Guest bluegeordie

Even without the through ball for their goal and the brainless tackle, it was evident that he simply lacks the agility, positional discipline, intelligence, composure, quality on the ball and all other possible qualities to ever resemble a good central midfielder. He should prove that he can be relied on consistently in the reserves before getting another chance with the first team.

Harsh ... but fair, imo.

Hate to say 'I told you so' but fuck, he doesn't help himself, does he?

I was hoping he shone today, as it was his chance to.

So far he has just coasted on his 'reputation' from Everton, hasn't actually delivered anything yet. We'll keep waiting, I suppose, not like we have any choice (or a deep squad).

Guest Heneage

I was wrong. I said he wouldn't really do much for you, but there's no denying his impact today.

At least you put it in writing this time.  :'(

Hate to say 'I told you so' but fuck, he doesn't help himself, does he?

I was hoping he shone today, as it was his chance to.

So far he has just coasted on his 'reputation' from Everton, hasn't actually delivered anything yet. We'll keep waiting, I suppose, not like we have any choice (or a deep squad).

his reputation from Everton consists of a couple of big goals more than performances. whenever i watched him for Everton i was never particularly impressed. and he's only gone backwards since then due to unfortunate injuries and lack of game time. i honestly think he's looked awful for us. i know it is harsh as he has not played a lot of football, so there's a context behind these performances, but it's still the truth.

and I was actually pissed off at him during HT, felt he was playing stupidly in the first half and wasn't helping us get a grip on the game.

Not sure about him yet. He was at fault for that through ball which led to Norwich's goal. Silly tackle for his red card, should have been a yellow at most but he would have ended up being sent off anyway.

Won't write him off yet like.